Sunday, July 03, 2011

July 3 - Elvis On Vinyl

On Amazon two new vinyl titles from the Music On Vinyl label appearedd 'A Date With Elvis' and 'From Elvis In Memphis'. Both titles come on 180 grams audiophile vinyl  with a gatefold sleeve on August 1, 2011. 


A Date With Elvis


1. Blue Moon Of Kentucky
2. Milkcow Blues Boogie
3. Baby, Let's Play House
4. I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine
5. Tutti Frutti
6. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry (Over You)
7. I Got A Woman
8. Good Rockin' Tonight
9. Is It So Strange
10. We're Gonna Move
11. Blue Moon
12. Just Because
13. One-Sided Love Affair
14. Let Me


'A Date with Elvis' is Presley's eighth album originally released in July 1959. It is a compilation of previously unreleased material from an August 1956 recording session at 20th Century Fox Stage One, two sessions from Radio Recorders in Hollywood, and multiple sessions at Sun Studio. Music on Vinyl now re-releases this classic on 180-grams audiophile vinyl and in a beautiful gatefold sleeve

From Elvis in Memphis

1. Wearin' That Loved On Look
2. Only The Strong Survive
3. I'll Hold You In My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms)
4. Long Black Limousine
5. It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
6. I'm Movin' On
7. Power Of My Love
8. Gentle On My Mind
9. After Loving You
10. True Love Travels On A Gravel Road
11. Any Day Now
12. In The Ghetto

'From Elvis in Memphis' is the thirty-fifth album by Elvis Presley, originally released in 1969. The recording of the album marked the definite return of Presley to non-soundtrack albums, after finishing his movie contract with Paramount pictures. Motivated by his early influences in country, rhythm and blues and the latest music trend in Memphis being gospel and soul, Presley chose to record these songs at the Memphis-based American Sound Studio.

(Source: Amazon)