Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21 - Flaslight Budget Releases


The 'Alternate Expanded Album' edition of the "Blue Hawaii" soundtrack by the U.K. based Memphis Recording Service was released. 

Alternate Budget Compilations


The Flashlight Records budget label announced three more budget compilations containing alternative takes; 'Loving You', 'King Creole' and 'His Hand In Mine' will be released May 21, 2012)


From the label's website:



Loving You (The Alternate Album)


Hear Elvis in Loving You! This release features all album & movie tracks including the movie versions which are different from the album versions. All tracks are true classics and as a fantastic bonus you can hear Elvis as you have never heard him before. You hear him fool around with unreleased versions of "Blueberry Hill" and "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You", this album features over 10 alternate takes from these true classics. It's Elvis at his best!


Track Listing
Masters: 
1.Mean Woman Blues 
2. Teddy Bear 
3. Loving You 
4. Got A Lot O’ Livin’ To Do 
5.Lonesome Cowboy 
6. Hot Dog 
7. Party 
8. Blueberry Hill 
9. True Love 
10. Don’t Leave Me Now 
11. Have I Told You Lately That I love You 
12. I Need You So. 
The Movie Versions: 
13. Loving You - version 1, 
14. Mean Woman Blues 
15. Party 
16. Teddy Bear 
17. Loving You- version 2 
18. Lonesome Cowboy 9. Hot Dog 
20. Got A Lot O’ Livin’ To Do 
21. Loving You - version 3 
22. Road Medley 
23. Got A Lot O’ Livin’ To Do - version 2 
24. Loving You - version 4 
The Alternates: 
25. Blueberry Hill - take 1, 
26. Blueberry Hill - take 4, 
27. Blueberry Hill - takes 5 & 6, 
28. Blueberry Hill - take 8, 
29. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - take 1, 
30. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - take 3, 
31. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - takes 4 & 5, 
32. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - takes 8 – 11, 
33. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - take 14.


His Hand In Mine (The Alternate Album)


"His Hand In Mine" , Elvis' first spiritual album. His love for gospel music can be heard very well and he must have been delighted that he was able to cut a complete religious album. This alternate album features not only the original album but also never heard before alternate takes and master takes. Hear how Elvis worked in the studio to record these top notch gospels. You can hear many unreleased versions and many tracks exactly how they were cut in the studio without any editing. All for the very first time! It's Elvis at his best!!


Track Listing
Masters: 
1. His Hand in Mine 
2. I’m Gonna Walk dem Golden Stairs 
3. In my Father’s House 
4. Milky White Way 
5. Known Only to Him 
6. I Believe in the Man in the Sky 
7. Joshua Fit the Battle 
8. He Knows Just What I Need 
9. Swing Down Sweet Chariot 
10. Mansion Over the Hilltop 
11. If we Never Meet Again 
12. Working on the Building. 
The Alternates: 
13. In my Father’s House - take 8 
14. In my Father’s House - work part take 1 
15. He Knows Just What I Need - take 9 
16. He Knows Just What I Need - take 10 
17. Milky White Way - take 7 / master take incl. false start 
18. Joshua Fit the Battle - take 4 / master take incl. count in 
19. Swing Down Sweet Chariot - take 4 / master take incl. count in 
20. Mansion Over the Hilltop - false start & master take 3 
21. Working on the Building - take 5 / master take incl. count in 
Bonus track from the session 
22. Surrender - take 4 / count in only & master 
Bonus Rarity
23. Swing Down Sweet Chariot - live ‘61


King Creole (The Alternate Album)


King Creole, Elvis' 4th movie. King Creole is concidered Elvis' best acting performance. This album features the complete soundtrack, including all movie versions. Also featured are some very rare bonus tracks including a remix of Dixieland Rock. This is Elvis in the 50's! It's Elvis at his best!


Track Listing
King Creole Masters 
1. King Creole 
2. As Long As I Have You 
3. Hard Headed Woman 
4. Trouble 
5. Dixieland Rock 
6. Don’t Ask Me Why 
7. Lover Doll - lp version 
8. Crawfish 
9. Young Dreams 
10. Steadfast, Loyal & True 
11. New Orleans 
12. Lover Doll - ep master. 
The Movie Versions 
13. King Creole / Crawfish 
14. Steadfast, Loyal & True 
15. Lover Doll 
16. Trouble 
17. Dixieland Rock 
18. Young Dreams 
19. New Orleans 
20. King Creole - version 2 
21. Don’t Ask Me Why 
22. As Long As I Have You. 
Bonus 
23. Lover Doll - electronic stereo version 
24. Dixieland Rock - remix 
25. Instrumental Remix


(Source: Amazon / FECC)