Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14 - K2 HD Spritiually Mastered Vinyl

The Friday Music label announced the release of "Moody Blue" on vinyl. The disc is due May 14, 2013.

Side A:
Unchained Melody - If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - Little Darlin’ - He’ll Have to Go - Let Me Be There
Side B:
Way Down - Pledging My Love - Moody Blue - She Thinks I Still Care - It’s Easy for You

Love Remastering


Due from Sony Music Japan is a re-issue of the "Love, Elvis" compilation, limited to 1000 copies. This set  has been mastered by the K2 HD format of 24-bit 100kHz, which creates an unbelievable sound surpassing other formats according to the information available. The set is due March 31, 2013.

Features:
• Limited Edition
• K2 HD 100kHz / 24-bit Mastering
• Made in Japan
• Includes Clear Protective Outer Sleeve

Selections:
1. Are You Lonesome Tonight?
2. Can't Help Falling In Love
3. Always On My Mind
4. It's Now Or Never
5. Love Me Tender
6. I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
7. Don't
8. (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
9. Any Way You Want Me (That's How I Will Be)
10. Surrender
11. Hawaiian Wedding Song
12. Doin' The Best I Can
13. Fever
14. It Hurts Me
15. I Just Can't Help Believin'
16. The Wonder Of You
17. Let It Be Me
18. It's Impossible
19. For The Good Times
20. There Goes My Everything
21. And I Love You So
22. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
23. Unchained Melody
24. If I Can Dream


The Seeker King: A Spiritual Biography Of Elvis Presley

The book "The Seeker King: A Spiritual Biography Of Elvis Presley" by Gary Teller is due from Questbooks on October 10, 2013. 

Synopsis:
"A woman in the audience once handed Elvis a crown saying, “You're the King." “No, honey," Elvis replied. “There is only one king — Jesus Christ. I'm just a singer." Gary Tillery presents a coherent view of Elvis's thoughts through such anecdotes and other recorded facts.

We learn, for instance, that Elvis read thousands of books on religion; that his crisis over making bimbo movies like Girl Happy led him to writers such as Gurdjieff, Krishnamurti, and Helena Blavatsky; and that, while driving in Arizona, an epiphany he had inspired him to learn Hindu practice.

Elvis came to believe that the Christ shines in everyone and that God wanted him to use his light to uplift people. And so he did. Elvis's excesses were as legendary as his generosity, yet, despite his lethal reliance on drugs, he remained ever spiritually curious. When he died, he was reading 'A Scientific Search for the Face of Jesus.'

This intimate, objective portrait inspires new admiration for the flawed but exceptional man who said, “All I want is to know and experience God. I'm a searcher, that's what I'm all about."


(Source: Amazon / Elvis Club Berlin)