Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February 12 - From James At The American Sound Sessions

The Follow That Dream vinyl release "From Elvis In Memphis - American Sound Sessions" has been released. 

Side A:
Wearin' That Loved On Look (Take 3, 10) - Only The Strong Survive (Take 1) - Long Black Limousine (Take 6) - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin' (Take 1, 2) - I'm Movin' On (Take 1, 2)
Side B:
Power Of My Love (Take 1) - Gentle On My Mind (Undubbed Master With Track Replacement Overdubs) - After Loving You (Take 2) - True Love Travels On A Gravel Road (Take 2) - Any Day Now (Take 1, 2) - In The Ghetto (Take 1)
Side C:
I'm Movin' On (Take 1, 2 With Vocal Replacement And Steel Guitar Overdub) - True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - Long Black Limousine (Take 6, 8, 9M) - Only The Strong Survive (Take 17, 20, 21) - In The Ghetto (Take 20)
Side D:
Wearin' That Loved On Look (Take 12, 13, 14) - After Loving You (Take 3) - Power Of My Love (Take 6) - In The Ghetto (Take 2, 3) - Any Day Now (Take 3, 4)

Bande Originale Du Film


The French RDM Edition label released the original soundtrack "It Happened at the World's Fair (Blondes, Brunes, Rousses)" and announced the release of "Fun in Acapulco (L'Idole d'Acapulco)" for release on February 19, 2014. 

Tracks: "It Happened At The World´s Fair":
Beyond The Bend (Stereo) - Relax (Stereo) - Take Me To The Fair (Stereo) - They Remind Me Too Much Of You (Stereo) - One Broken Heart For Sale (Stereo) - I'm Falling In Love Tonight (Stereo) - Cotton Candy Land (Stereo) - World Of Our Own (Stereo) - How Would You Like To Be (Stereo) - Happy Ending (Stereo) - Beyond The Bend (Mono) - Relax (Mono) - Take Me To The Fair (Mono) - They Remind Me Too Much Of You (Mono) - One Broken Heart For Sale (Mono) - I'm Falling In Love Tonight (Mono) - Cotton Candy Land (Mono) - World Of Our Own (Mono) - How Would You Like To Be (Mono) - Happy Ending (Mono)

Tracks: "Fun In Acapulco":

Fun In Acapulco - Vino, Dinero Y Amor - Mexico - El Toro - Marguerita - The Bullfighter Was A Lady - No Room To Rhumba In A Sports Car - I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here - Bossa Nova Baby - You Can't Say No In Acapulco - Guadalajara - Love Me Tonight - Slowly But Surely

James Burton Speaks Out

James Burton posted this message on his Facebook page this morning...

I will NOT be on the Dennis Jale & TCB Cruise September 2014 with Red West.

I have always enjoyed performing with Dennis and all the guys. No one could ask for a better person to work with.
I would like to say that as a Christian, I forgave Red West for writing his book years ago. This has nothing to do with forgiveness.
I also respected him for going ahead with his life and becoming a great actor and was excited to see him in movies and TV. I wish him ALL OF GOD's BLESSINGS.

I do think anyone who wrote a terrible book about another person should not be making money off of that person.

Please note that Ronnie, Glen and I have NEVER written a "TELL ALL" book about the hundreds of artists that we have worked for.
We still could and would make thousands of dollars from this type of book. I would NEVER become this low of a person.
This would NOT be pleasing to GOD.

I do NOT work with people that do anything negative against Elvis. Please understand that Elvis was my FRIEND, not just another artist
that I have worked with. I know how EXTREMELY STRESSED Elvis was before this book came out.
At the funeral, the people I spoke to were blaming this book for Elvis' death and said his high stress level added to his fatal heart attack.
I am sure if someone did something negative to you, your family or your friends you would feel the same way, especially if death was the end result.

I feel we ALL should be loyal to Elvis (not Red West), but that's everyone's own choice.

GOD BLESS YOU 

James Burton

(Source: Elvis Aktuell \ Elvis And His Music \ FECC \ James Burton)