Gabe Pressman, New York’s first television reporter and a legendary journalist whose career lasted over 60 years, died this morning at the age of 93. He passed away in his sleep after a brief illness. Gabe Pressman covered Elvis Presley's departure to Germany from the Brooklyn pier in New York.
Villa Grunewald To Be re-opened
The German Villa Grunewald, where Elvis hired a room during his army stint in Germany, opens its doors again in August 2017.
Elvis Presley lived in the German spa town bad Nauheim from October 1958 to March 1960 and spent almost four months in the Villa Grunewald until, due to some complaints from other hotel guests about noise and various pranks from Presley's bodyguards - moved to the house at Goethestraße 14. For Elvis fans, room number 10 has become a pilgrimage center, but in recent years it has only been opened for guided tours.
For fans of the American singer, this is a nice piece of news: you can now sleep in the same bed as the King of Rock'n'Roll, or sit on the black toilet seat, the Elvis Presley especially from the United States States of America. "He probably did not like the then common white toilet seats, so it was transmitted to me," smirks Dröscher. Much of the original decor of the room has remained. With the years, however, unfortunately, a lot has been lost or even parts have been dismantled. At a commode, for example, hotel guests had removed a castle frame.
The Elvis One releases 'Elvis Presley: Kid Galahad/Follow That Dream' Part 1 and 2' have been released.
These two albums, released in the 'Bootleg Series', contain master, out-take and movie-versions in mono and stereo from the 'Kid Galahad' and 'Follow That Dream' movie soundtracks.
Also released is the 4 CD set 'Elvis Presley - At The Movies: Volume Two'. This set was released by the Real Gone Music label.
The 10 CD set 'The Signature Collection – 40th Anniversary Edition' has been released too. This set is limited to 400 copies.
- The 'ELV1S 30 # 1 Hits' album dropped from #34 to #41 on the Billboard Country Album chart.
- The 'Ultimate Gospel' compilation dropped from #27 to # 36 on the Billboard Christian Album chart.
- The 'The Wonder Of You' cooperation with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra remained steady at #7 on the Billboard Classical Album chart.
- The DVD 'The King Of Rock’n’Roll' climbed from #12 to #10 on the Australian Music DVD chart.
- The 3 CD Box 'Elvis – The Platinum Collection' re-entered the Official UK Album chart at #96.
- The 6 DVD set 'The Elvis Collection' dropped from #6 to #9 on the Official UK Music DVD chart.
- The 3 CD Box 'Elvis – The Platinum Collection' climbed from #86 to #69 pon the Official Scottish Album chart.
- The DVD 'Elvis – The King Of Rock’n’Roll – 30 Hit Performances And More' dropped from #12 to #13 on the Australian Music DVD chart.
- The 'The Wonder of You' album dropped from #82 to #186 on the Australian Album chart.
- The 'If I Can Dream' album remained steady at #155 on the Australian Album chart.
- The 'The Wonder of You / If I Can Dream' double album dropped from #29 to #264 on the Australian Album chart.