Saturday, June 30, 2018

June 30 - Elvis in the 50's

Due for release on July 20, 2018 from the Not Now recordlabel is the 3 LP set "Elvis in the 50's". This 3 LP set comes on red colored vinyl in a gatefold cover. 

Description:
There's a reason they called Elvis Presley the King. It wasn't just the swagger in his hips, the suggestive onstage dancing, or the sly smile that set female hearts and loins alight wherever he went. As this 3LP set, drawn from his 1950s recordings proves, Elvis' voice was nothing less than sensational - warm and humorous, pleading and teasing and full of promise. Elvis could cajole or roar as the occasion demanded. He was capable of interpreting a lyric in a way that made it hard to imagine anybody else covering that song. And he sang this mixture of blues and country and soul - this new thing they were starting to call rock'n'roll.

LP 1 - Side A: Heartbreak Hotel - All Shook Up - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear - Blueberry Hill - Love Me Tender - Too Much - That's All Right - Good Rockin' Tonight

Side B: Tutti Frutti - (Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I - Don't Be Cruel - (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care - Blue Moon - So Glad You're Mine - I Got A Woman - Paralyzed

LP 2 - Side C: Blue Suede Shoes - Hound Dog - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Got A Lot O' Lovin' To Do! - Money Honey - Tryin' To Get You - Party - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

Side D: Rip It Up - One Night - I Love You Because - How Do You Think I Feel -   Long Tall Sally - A Big Hunk O'Love - I Need Your Love Tonight - Dixieland Rock

LP 3 - Side E: Jailhouse Rock - Hard Headed Woman  - I Forgot To Remember To Forget - Don't - Baby Let's Play House - I Got Stung - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You - Shake, Rattle And Roll

Side F: Ready Teddy - Mean Woman Blues - Don't Leave Me Now - Doncha' Think It's Time - Mystery Train - I Want To Be Free - We're Gonna Move - Blue Moon Of Kentucky.

Weekend Charts
  • The "Ultimate Gospel" compilation dropped from #21 to #24 on the Billboard Christian Album chart.
  • The "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits" compilation re-entered the Billboard Country Album chart at #32.
  • The "Elvis: The Searcher" soundtrack is listed at #34 on the Official UK Soundtrack chart. 
  • The "Elvis: The DVD Gold Collection" remained steady at #4 on the Official UK Music DVD chart.
  • The "ELV1S 30 # 1 Hits" compilation dropped from #32 to #51 on the Official Irish Album chart.
  • The "Elvis: The Searcher" soundtrack dropped off the Belgian Album chart.
  • The DVD "Elvis – The King Of Rock’n’Roll – 30 Hit Performances And More" climbed from #20 to #17 on the Australian Music DVD chart. 
(Source: Amazon / The King's World. / Billboard)