Tuesday, November 13, 2018

November 13 - No Award for Movie Soundtrack Vinyl (Updated)

The My Generation Music label released the LP "Elvis Presley - Three Original Soundtracks" containing songs from the movies "Wild In The Country", "Follow That Dream" and "Kid Galahad".

Side A: Wild In The Country - I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell - Follow That Dream - Angel - What A Wonderful Life - I'm Not The Marrying Kind
Side B: King Of The Whole Wide World - This Is Living - Riding The Rainbow - Home Is Where The Heart Is - I Got Lucky - A Whistling Tune

The label also released the soundtrack LP of the “Girls! Girls! Girls!” movie last June. 

Side A: Girls! Girls! Girls! - I Don’t Wanna Be Tied - Where Do You Come From - I Don’t Want To - We’ll Be Together - A Boy Like Me, A Girl Like You - Earth Boy
Side B: Return To Sender - Because Of Love - Thanks To The Rolling Sea - Song Of The Shrimp - The Walls Have Ears - We’re Coming in Loaded

No Music Critics Award for The Searcher

The “Elvis: The Searcher” documentary was nominated in two categories for the Third Annual Critics Choice Documentary Awards ! It's been nominated for “Best Limited Documentary Series” and for “”Best Musical Documentary. Unfortunately the documentary didn’t win. Award for the “Best Limited Documentary Series” went to “The Zen Diaries of Garry Shandling” (HBO Documentary Films) and the “Best Music Documentary” went to “Quincy” (Netflix).

(Source: Elvis Club Berlin / FECC)