Monday, January 07, 2019

January 07 - Elvis Stepbrother Died

On the Facebook page of Pastor Rick Stanley this message was posted: “Pastor Rick has joined Elvis in Heaven tonight. He passed away gently and without pain. God has blessed his sweet soul”.

His brother David Stanly posted on his page: 

"It is with a heavy heart, that I pass this information onto you... Ricky has taken a turn for the worst... They don't expect him to live more than a day or two, at most... His daughters will be with him, when he goes to be with the Lord... When his oldest daughter gets to his bedside, tonight... She will call me, so I can say, I love you and good bye to him... I want to thank you all, for your prayers and positive thoughts... They really meant a lot to us Billy Stanley

My brother Ricky is going home tonight to be with the Lord. He is moments from passing. His daughters are with him. They put the phone to his ear and I said my final goodbyes. I’ve never been this sad. I love you Ricky. Gods open arms are waiting to welcome you home my big brother". David Stanley

Rick Stanley, a stepbrother to Elvis Presley, died of liver failure early Monday morning, Jan. 7, in Aiken, S.C.. In 1960 he and his two brothers became stepbrothers to Elvis Presley when their mother, Dee, divorced her husband and married Elvis Presley's father, Vernon. After the marriage the couple moved to Graceland where they lived for most of the next 17 years. 

(Source: FECC / Facebook / Elvis Club Berlin)