Saturday, September 14, 2019

September 14 - Worldwide Elvis RCA Vinyl Book Series

Paul Dowling is working on a RCA discography book series. He reached out to fans and collectors of rare vinyl and while doing so he shared a little more insight in this project. It is his intention to publish a series of “Worldwide Elvis RCA Vinyl” books, the first volume is due in 2020. The books should contain a complete discography of each country - 78's, singles, EPs, LPs and promos - while the main section should  detail every known label variation, reissue with pictures of labels, covers, etcetera. The size of the book is 9.5 x 12 inch.

From his post:
As a lot of you know I have been collecting Elvis Presley vinyl from around the world since 1973 and currently am working on doing a series of Worldwide Elvis Rca Vinyl Discography books. These will have as much information as I can possibly find on his RCA vinyl from close to 64 countries and I could really use your help.

In the mid 1990's I started to do this project which includes every 78, single, EP, LP, promos from over 60 countries - RCA only!! It was a lot of work then because, since 1974, I have been selling Elvis Presley vinyl from around the world to people all over the world...and I'm still doing this as most of you know. I spent maybe a year working on the book them then but I had to put it on hold until now because it was just too much to concentrate on full time. But I never stopped collecting information - scans, information, etc. and I now have a lot more free time on my hands and a year ago I decided to go back to finishing this. I even went up to BMG in New York in 1992 every other week for 6 months and came back with over 3000 photocopies of listing notices, production cards, etc. that hardly anyone has seen. Most of it is on U.S. releases but there is some from other countries.

Some of my original ideas I started with in the 90's I still like. For example:
  • There will be a complete discography at the beginning of each country - 78's, singles, EP's, LP's, promos.
  • The original book was to be 8 x 10 but this one will be 9 .5 x 12.
  • The main section will detail every known label variation, reissue with pictures of labels, covers, etc
It's always something I've wanted to do and last October I decided to go back to it and I do so around 10 hours every day. So far I have over 50,000 scans of labels, covers etc. from all over the world plus information on releases from over 64 countries

I am posting this here in hopes that many you can help me with scans. If anyone could help me with good quality scans of the releases I have listed below I would really appreciate. You can e mail me at paul@worldwideelvis.com I can use any of the 78's, singles, EP's, LP's listed below in good quality. A good portion of these I already have but need better quality scans. The list I am adding now is just the latest I need but trust me there will be loads more!!

Click >>> here for the information Paul Dowling is looking for.

(Source: Paul Dowling / FECC)