Thursday, March 05, 2020

March 05 - Record Store Day: Denmark and France

The Danish Memphis Mansion will release a picture disc edition of the first volume of their “Danish Singles Collection” on Record Store Day 2020. This release is limited to 100 copies and only sold in Denmark at the Memphis Mansion and Highway 51 Diners in Randers and Aarhus. 

Based on the information available two Elvis Presley LP’s are due Record Store Day 2020, both from the French Elvis My Happiness in cooperation with LMLR. The first is “Elvis Prohibited”, a double LP, on red and yellow splattered vinyl, containing the best songs of Elvis Presley’s first three movies. 

Side A: Mean Woman Blues – Take 7 / Loving You – Take 21 / Got A Lot O’livin’ To Do – Take 17 / Party – Take 7 / I Want To Be Free – Take 9 / Young And Beautiful – Take 19 / (You’re So Square) Baby I Don’t Care – Take 1
Side B: Jailhouse Rock – Take 5 / Don’t Leave Me Now – Take 18 / Treat Me Nice – Take 19 / King Creole – Take 18 / As Long As I Have You – Take 8 / Lover Doll – Take 7 /Crawfish – Take 7
Side C: Steadfast, Loyal And True – Take 6 / Mean Woman Blues – Deb / (You’re So Square) Baby I Don’t Care – Vocal / Teddy Bear / Lonesome Cowboy / Hot Dog / Hard Headed Woman
Side D: Trouble / Dixieland Rock / Don’t Ask Me Why / Young Dreams / New Orleans / Danny / Muskrat Ramble

The second title is "The Forgotten Album", a single LP on a five colored disc (red, white, blue, yellow and orange) containing the tracks from Elvis Presley’s first five French EPs. For this title the cover-are is finally available.

Side A - Alternate Tracks: Heartbreak Hotel (Take 5) - I Was The One (Take 2) - Shake, Rattle And Roll (Take 7) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 17) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 6) - I’m Counting On You (Take 1) - Blue Moon (Alternative)

Side B - Live Tracks: Don’t Be Cruel (Live) - Blue Suede Shoes (Live) - Tutti Frutti (Live) - I Got A Woman (Live) - Hound Dog (Live) - Money Honey (Live) - I Forgot To Remember To Forget (Live)


Both French titles are limited to 1000 copies. 

(Source: FECC / DeeJay / Memphis Mansion)