The DVD "The King Of Rock ’n’ Roll" fell off the Australian Music DVD chart.
As published in the latest Issue of Billboard Magazine this week:
Dating to the Country Songs chart's earliest incarnation in 1944 (as "Most Played Juke Box Folk Records"), Elvis Presley has gone the longest between No. 1s. The King waited 19 years, two months and two weeks between "Jailhouse Rock," his eighth genre No. 1, the week of Dec. 2, 1957, and "Moody Blue," which returned him to the summit on Feb. 19, 1977.
Following his No. 1 homecoming, Presley reigned with his next single, as well, as "Way Down" led the Aug. 20, 1977, chart. The coronation was more bitter than sweet, as Presley had died four days earlier. He logged his 11th and final Country Songs No. 1 with "Guitar Man" in 1981.
Elvis had no albums on the Billboard Top 200 Album Chart for w/e 16th February, 2013.
- The following appeared on the Catalog Album Chart:
- 'The Very Best Of Elvis' rises from 102 to 86 selling some 1850 units. Total sales to date: 333,803 units.
- 'Heart And Soul' rises from 181 to 119 selling some 1584 units. Total sales to date: 616,570 units.
- 'An Afternoon In The Garden' rises from 143 to 122 selling some 1574 units. Total sales to date: 523,340 units.
- 'Elvis Inspirational' (Compilation) rises from 184 to 151 selling some 1444 units. Total sales to date: 133,829 units.
- 'Elvis Country' (Compilation) rises from 200 to 166 selling some 1373 units. Total sales to date: 158,786 units.
- The following appeared on the Physical Album Chart:
- 'Elvis Uncovered' rises from 148 to 142 selling some 1755 units. Total physical sales to date: 65,749 units.
- 'Heart And Soul' rises from 182 to 162 selling some 1583 units. Total physical sales to date: 616,019 units.
- 'An Afternoon In The Garden' drops from 162 to 165 selling some 1572 units. Total physical sales to date: 522,370 units.
- 'Elvis Inspirational' (Compilation) remains at 197 selling some 1436 units. Total physical sales to date: 131,246 units.
- 'Elvis Country' (Compilation) rose on the Top Country Album Chart from 72 to 65 selling some 1373 units. Total sales to date: 158,786 units.
- 'Viva Las Vegas' rose from 39 to 36 on the Top Soundtrack Album Chart selling some 702 units. Total sales to date: 50,456 units.
Elvis On Tour 1970 Volume 1
Kieran Davis announced that his new book "'Elvis On Tour 1970 Volume 1" will soon be reaching the final proofing stage. It will be 170 pages and cover the Houston Astrodome shows and the September tour. Volume 2 will be out later in the year and is dedicated entirely to the November tour. Both will take exactly the same format as our previous two books, both in size, format and content.
From the press-release:
Our next book, with the simple working title 'Elvis On Tour 1970,' is nearing completion. This has been a particularly hard year to research and find material for but we have found a few gems. Along with the more widely seen photographs we have tracked down several new ones - such as the one below from St. Louis on September 10, 1970. In addition to some interesting memorabilia we have been able to uncover more, never before printed, fan stories including a 15,000 word tale about following Elvis' California shows in November 1970. This alone is a fascinating read.
If you have our 'On Tour November 1971' book you will undoubtedly want to add this new book to your collection as it will complete the story of the early tours. With 35 pages dedicated to the six Houston shows, over 100 pages to the September tour and another 120 or so to the November tour this is a comprehensive work. As with our other books there is a lot of reading, not just photographs and newspaper articles, but fan letters and reviews, documents, memorabilia, and even a flashback to San Diego in 1956 with a fan's hand written review of the show when Elvis was forced off stage.
As always the book is going to be a limited edition with less than 500 being printed. We are expecting delivery within the next 6 to 8 weeks (end of March).
(Source: The King's World / FECC / Brian Quinn / Billboard / Brian Quinn/ The Elvis Presley Show)