Friday, May 05, 2017

May 05 - Elvis Studio Sessions ‘56 Press-release

The UK based Memphis Recording Service will release a Limited Edition 3CD / book ‘Elvis Studio Sessions ‘56’ on June 16th.

From the press-release:
The set pays tribute to Elvis Presley’s first recordings made for the RCA label in 1956. The 172-page book focuses on each of Elvis’ studio recording sessions during his first year of national stardom - from the first one in January, held in Nashville, then later in New York, before finishing his final session of the year in Hollywood in September. The full and comprehensive text is complemented by rare and previously unseen photographs and pieces of documentation.

The 3CDs contain the complete archival master and session studio recordings of Elvis Presley from 1956, along with bonus interviews. All 90 tracks have been remastered and restored to their original sound quality. Also for the first time on CD is the complete ‘The Truth About Me’ from an original US 45rpm flexi-disc. Although this has been claimed complete by FTD and other past official releases, they all had a missing sentence that was on the original disc. Included also are all the out-takes from this interview.


CD1 - The 1956 RCA Studio Masters:
I Got A Woman - Heartbreak Hotel - Money Honey - I'm Counting On You - I Was The One - Blue Suede Shoes - My Baby Left Me - One-Sided Love Affair - So Glad Your Mine - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry - Tutti Frutti - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy - Shake, Rattle And Roll - Don Davis Interview March 1956 - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - Hound Dog - Don't Be Cruel - Anyway You Want Me - Playing For Keeps - Love Me - How Do You Think I Feel - How's The World Treating You - Paralyzed - When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again - Long Tall Sally - Old Shep - Too Much - Anyplace Is Paradise - Ready Teddy - First in Line - Rip It Up - The Truth About Me (Original S 45rpm Interview Flexidisk)

CD 2 - Movie Soundtrack Master Recordings:
Love Me Tender - Let Me - Poor Boy - We're Gonna Move - Love Me Tender (End Title Movie Version)

Movie Soundtrack Outtakes (Stereo):
We're Gonna Move (Take 4) - We're Gonna Move (Take 9)

Studio Outtakes & Sessions:
I Got A Woman (Unknown Take) - I Got A Woman (Incomplete Unknown Take) - Heartbreak Hotel (Incomplete Take 4) - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 5) - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 6) - Money Honey (Incomplete Take 10) - I'm Counting On You (FS Take 1a & 1b) - I'm Counting On You (Incomplete Take 2 Dry Version) - I'm Counting On You (Unknown Incomplete Take) - I'm Counting On You (Take 13) - I'm Counting On You (Incomplete Take 14) - I Was The One (Take 1 & 2) - I Was The One (Take 3) - I Was The One (Take 7) - I Was The One (Incomplete Unknown Take) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 1) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 3) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 4) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 5) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 6) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Incomplete Take 7) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Incomplete Take 8 & Take 9) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 10) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (FS Take 11 & Take 12)

Bonus  Songs - Movie Soundtrack Recordings (Stereo):
Love Me Tender - Let Me - Poor Boy - We're Gonna Move

CD 3 - Studio Outtakes & Sessions (Continued):
Shake Rattle And Roll (FS Take 1, Take 2, FS Take 3) - Shake Rattle And Roll (FS Take 5, FS Take 6, Take 7) - Shake Rattle AndRoll (Take 8) - Shake Rattle AndRoll (FS Take 9, FS Take 10, FS Take 11) - Shake Rattle AndRoll (Take 12) - Shake Rattle And Roll (Take 12 Unedited Un-dubbed Master) - Shake Rattle And Roll (Take 12 Edit Un-dubbed Master) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 3) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 4) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 13) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Incomplete Take 14) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 15) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 16) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 17) - Old Shep (Take 5) - Rip It Up (FS On Take 10, 11, 12, 13, Take 14) - Rip It Up (Take 15) - Rip It Up (Take 16 - Rip It Up (Take 17 - Rip It Up (LFS Take 18

The Truth About Me (Interview Outtakes):
The Truth About Me (Take 3) - The Truth About Me (Take 2) - The Truth About Me (Take 1)

(Source: Memphis Recording Service)