Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April 18 - Calender Boy


 It is spring 2018, and the publishers of the 2019 calendars previewed their 2019 calendars.  

Upcoming Releases

The State of Art budget-label will release the CD "His Hand in Mine" on April 20, 2018. 

Tracks: His Hand In Mine - I'm Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stars - In My Father's House - Milky White Way - Known Only To Him - I Believe In The Man In The Sky - Joshua Fit The Battle - He Knows Just What I Need - Swing Down Sweet Chariot - Mansion Over The Hilltop - If We Never Meet Again  - Working On The Building - Santa Claus Is Back In Town - White Christmas - Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane) - I’ll Be Home For Christmas - Blue Christmas - Santa Bring My Baby Back (To Me) - Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem - Silent Night - (There’ll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me) - I Believe - Take My Hand, Precious Lord - It Is No Secret (What God Can Do) - When The Saints Go Marching In (Demo) - I Asked The Lord - Don´t - Chrying In The Chapel

Due for the Reel to Reel Music (H'Art) label on May 11, 2018 is the white vinyl vinyl maxi single "Original Ep Collection" volume 3. Limited to 1000 copies.

The Real Elvis (EP) (US) RCA EPA 940 (Originally Released 17.08.1956) - Side A: Don't Be Cruel - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
Seite B: Hound Dog - My Baby Left Me

Any Way You Want Me (EP) (US) RCA EPA 965 (Originally Released 05.09.1956) - Side A:
Any Way You Want Me (That's How I Will Be) - I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone
Side B: I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine - Mystery Train

Due for release from the French Chant du Monde label is the 5 CD set "When We Were Kings" featuring tracks by Johnny Hallyday and Elvis Presley.

Drake Tied with Elvis

For what it is worth in regard to the way charts are compiled now-days.

Drake tied Elvis Presley’s number of top-10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 this week after his latest release, “Nice For What,” hit No. 1 on the chart, dethroning his previous No. 1 single, “God’s Plan.” The rapper has now earned 25 top-10 singles on Billboard’s chart, matching the mark Presley set with 1972’s “Burning Love.”

The Elvis Information Network website notes however that this story is totally false as the Billboard 'Top 100' only started in summer 1958 and so the KEY years of Elvis' run of top ten hits, 1956 and 1957 are actually missing from the list. Without even considering this new age of "instant download" and the distortion that this has created on the charts, ELVIS still dominates everyone who had the same period in the charts. Elvis had twelve top ten US hits in 1956/57 making his total actually 37 - just one behind Madonna.

(Source: Elvis Club Berlin / UEPS / Amazon / Reuters / Elvis Information Network)