Monday, September 24, 2018

September 24 - His Ultimate Vinyl

Due from Sony Legacy on October 12, 2018 is a vinyl edition of the "Elvis Presley - His Ultimate Collection" compilation. 

Elvis Secret Rehearsal Tape?

The recent Record Collector magazine features an incredible side-story stating that '68 Comeback percussion player Frank Devito has an unreleased reel-to-reel tape of Elvis rehearsing in a trio with him and jazz-pianist Claude Williamson. Other than the article no additional information is available. So until then, classify this under "rumors".

More Vinyl

Released by the My Generation label this month are the vinyl sets “Elvis Presley ‎– Essential Movie Collection”, “Loving You”, “G.I. Blues” and “King Creole”. The first title contains music from the movies "Love Me Tender", "Jailhouse Rock" and "Flaming Star". All titles come on 180 Gr. viny

Tracks Essential Movie Collection

Side A:
Love Me Tender - Poor Boy - Let Me - We're Gonna Move - Jailhouse Rock - Treat Me Nice - I Want To Be Free

Side B:

Don't Leave Me Now - Young & Beautiful - (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care - Flaming Star - Summer Kisses Winter Tears - Are You Lonesome Tonight? - It's Now Or Never

Tracks Loving You:

Side A: Mean Woman Blues - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear - Loving You - Got A Lot O 'Livin To Do - Lonesome Cowboy - Hot Dog - Party

Side B:Blueberry Hill - True Love - Don't Leave Me Now - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? - I Need You So

Tracks G.I. Blues:

Side A: Tonight Is So Right For Love - What's She Really Like - Frankfort Special - Wooden Heart - G. I. Blues

Side B: Pocketful Of Rainbows - Shoppin' Around - Big Boots - Didja' Ever - Blue Suede Shoes - Doin' The Best I Can

Side A: King Creole - As Long As I Have You - Hard Headed Woman - Trouble - Dixieland Rock

Side B: Don't Ask Me Why - Lover Doll - Crawfish - Young Dreams - Steadfast, Loyal And True - New Orleans

(Source: Sounds Haarlem / Amazon / imusic / FECC / Record Collector)