Saturday, June 27, 2015

June 27 - Follow that 3D Elvis

The new Follow That Dream Collector releases have been shipped to the dealers; the “Elvis' Golden Records” CD, the vinyl LP “Elvis at American Sound” (180gram vinyl, mastered at Abbey Road, London) and the “Change Of Habit”  book / CD combo. This deluxe hardback book is published by FTD/Flaming Star with more than 450 pages and over 150 unpublished photos from the movie, on the set, plus candids from the same period, it captures Elvis at his very best. The CD included with this book includes the album Let’s Be Friends plus the bonus tracks ”Rubberneckin’” and ”Let Us Pray”.

3D Printed Elvis Clone in the Works

Another cause that’s near and dear to people’s hearts is the idea that Elvis Presley is not dead: Elvis Lives! And a new partnership between Authentic Brands Group (ABG) and Staramba, a new company using photogrammetric 3D scanning for 3D printing merchandising, is bringing Elvis back from the dead with plans to use the latest scanning technology to create a “3D printed clone” of Elvis! This deal also allows for more figurines and merchandise related to many more global superstars represented by ABG, such as Marilyn Monroe and Muhammad Ali. They also plan to create 3D printed selfie figurines with your favorite celebrities: think, Me and Elvis, or Me and Marilyn Monroe and you’re on the right track.

Track list Elvis' Golden Records:
CD 1: Original Album: 1. Hound Dog, 2. Loving You, 3. All Shook Up, 4. Heartbreak Hotel, 5. Jailhouse Rock, 6. Love Me, 7. Too Much - 8. Don't Be Cruel, 9. That's When Your Heartaches Begin, 10. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear, 11. Love Me Tender, 12. Treat Me Nice , 13. Any Way You Want Me (That's How I Will Be), 14. I Want You, I Need You, I Love You
Bonus Songs: 15. My Baby Left Me, 16. Playing For Keeps, 17. Blue Suede Shoes, 18. I Was The One
The stereo And Binaural Hits: 19. Jailhouse Rock, 20. Love Me Tender, 21. Treat Me Nice - undubbed movie master (Previously unreleassed in binaural), 22. Loving You - KX take 8, 23. That's When Your Heartaches Begin - splice of takes 7/M & 6 (Previously unreleased edit)

CD 2: The Binaural Session Tapes: 1. Mean Woman Blues - take 14/M, 2. Blueberry Hill - takes 1-2, 3. Blueberry Hill - take 3, 4. Blueberry Hill - takes 4-7, 5. Blueberry Hill - take 8, 6. Blueberry Hill - take 9/M, 7. That's When Your Heartaches Begin - take 1, 8. That's When Your Heartaches Begin - take 2, 9. That's When Your Heartaches Begin - takes 3-6, 10. That's When Your Heartaches Begin - takes 7-13, 11. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? - takes 1-2, 12. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? - takes 3-7, 13. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? - takes 8-13, 14. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? - take 14, 15. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? - take 15/M, 16. I Beg Of You - take 1, 17. I Beg Of You - takes 2-5, 18. I Beg Of You - take 6, 19. I Beg Of You - takes 7-11, 20. I Beg Of You - take 12/M

Track list From Elvis At American Sound Studio's
Side A - 01 Kentucky Rain – take 8 3:32 - 02 My Little Friend – master 2:49 - 03 Rubberneckin’ – takes 1,2/M 2.50 - 04 If I’m A Fool (For Loving You) – master 2:46 - 05 True Love Travels On A Gravel Road – take 5 (2.55) - 06. Hey Jude – take 1 (4.34)
Side B – 01 I’ll Be There – takes 1, 2 3M 4.40 - 02 Kentucky Rain – takes 5, 6, 7 6.06 - 03 Who Am I? – undubbed master 3:25 - 04 Memory Revival – instrumental 4:05
Side C - 01 If I’m A Fool (For Loving You) – takes1, 2, 3 5:56 - 02 Come Out, Come Out (Wherever You Are) – instrumental take 2/M 2:47 - 03 Mama Liked The Roses – alternative vocal overdub 2:30 - 04 Kentucky Rain – take 9 3:58 - 05 In The Ghetto – take 19 3:08
Side D - 01 Poor Man’s Gold – take 12/M with abandoned vocal overdub 3:38 - 02 I’ll Be There – takes 4, 5, 6 3.15 - 03 Do You Know Who I Am? – takes 3, 5 6:59 - 04 Only The Strong Survive – takes 8,11, 12 5:55

A Touch Of Gold At The Printers

The new book from the Elvis Files Erik Lorentzen is now getting its final check.  Edited by Gordon Minto, Designed by Neil Chris Middleton. 416 Glossy pages with more than 600 photos.

Synopsis: "Boldly handsome with unruly dark hair, dressed in gold lame, sideburns and lull sensuous lips, ELVIS let loose on stage and the screaming began. Screams of delight from women for whom his wildly abandoned style of singing very honestly spelt out sex appeal. Screams from many adults who resented the big, brawny young man with fantastic rhythm and no inhibition. The outcry against the boy from Memphis was loud and furious. And he was called "vulgar, animalistic, a tomcat on a back fence". Many hoped he was just a phase that would pass. Elvis Presley wasn't passing though. Then critics tried to change his unique style and to tame the rocking singer. Despite tremendous pressure, Elvis wouldn't be changed either. And why should he? He saw nothing wrong in what he did. Elvis was not as sophisticated as his critics. On stage he worked with honest zest, with the full enjoyment he felt for everything in life. At the time when so few other people dared to be different, he was an Individual, a creator of a vivid, flamboyant style. For this he was ridiculed and feared."

(Source: The King’s World / 3D Print / The Elvis Shop London / Elvis Information Network)