Thursday, September 12, 2019

September 12 - The Danish Singles Collection

Due for release from the Memphis Mansion in Randers (Denmark) is the LP “ELVIS: The Danish Singles Collection Vol.1”. This album comes on red vinyl with a booklet.

From the press-release
The idea behind the release was to have a discography that was a little different, and the Danish singles were certainly that. There's a whole generation of fans that have grown up never hearing the original vinyl sound of Elvis, so these are how the tunes sounded when first released, complete with compression, and some of them really rock! As good as our modern releases are we've kind of lost a little bit of history, and we wanted to put that back. What we present here is that original vinyl sound, first heard when these tracks were originally released. This release is limited to 300 copies, the mastering was done by Tony Stuchbury.

Side A: Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Doncha’ Think It’s Time - I Want To Be Free - Baby I Don’t Care - Hard Headed Woman - Don’t Ask Me Why

Side B: Love Me Tender - Any Way You Want Me - Tutti Frutti - I Want You I Need You I Love You - One Night - I Got Stung

(Source: Elvis Information Network  / Memphis Mansion)