Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 30 - US Singles Collection

Due for release from the Real Gone Music budget-label on November 14, 2014 is the 4 CD-set "The US Singles Collection". 

Tracks:
CD1; 1 That's All Right Mama 2 Blue Moon Of Kentucky 3 Good Rockin' Tonight 4 I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine 5 Milkcow Blues Boogie 6 You're A Heartbreaker 7 Baby, Let's Play House 8 I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone 9 Mystery Trai 10 I Forgot To Remember To Forge 11 Heartbreak Hotel 12 I Was The On 13 I Want You, I Need You, I Love Yo 14 My Baby Left Me 15 Hound Dog 16 Don't Be Cruel 17 Blue Suede Shoes 18 Tutti Frutti 19 I Got A Woman 20 I'm Counting On You 21 I'll Never Let You Go (Little Darlin') 22 I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry 23 Tryin' To Get To You 24 I Love You Because

CD2; 1 Blue Moon 2 Just Because 3 Money Honey 4 One Sided Love Affair 5 Lawdy Miss Clawdy 6 Shake Rattle And Roll 7 Love Me Tender 8 Anyway You Want Me (That's How I Will Be) 9 Playing For Keeps 10 Too Much 11 All Shook Up 12 That's When Your Heartaches Begin 13 (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear 14 Loving You 15 Jailhouse Rock 16 Treat Me Nice 17 Don't 18 I Beg Of You 19 Wear My Ring Around Your Neck 20 Doncha Think It's Time 21 Hard Headed Woman 22 Don't Ask Me Why 23 One Night 24 I Got Stung

CD3; 1 I Need Your Love Tonight 2 Fool Such As I 3 Big Hunk O' Love 4 My Wish Came True 5 Stuck On You 6 Fame And Fortune 7 It's Now Or Never 8 Mess Of Blues 9 Are You Lonesome Tonight 10 I Gotta Know 11 Surrender 12 Lonely Man 13 I Feel So Bad 14 Wild In The Country 15 (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame 16 Little Sister 17 Can't Help Falling In Love 18 Rock A Hula Baby 19 Good Luck Charm 20 Anything That's Part Of You 21 She's Not You 22 Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello 23 Return To Sender 24 Where Do You Come From

CD4; 1 (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me) 2 It Is No Secret (What God Can Do) 3 I Believe 4 Take My Hand Precious Lord 5 I Need You So 6 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You 7 Blueberry Hill 8 Is It So Strange 9 Flaming Star 10 Summer Kisses Winter Tears 11 Follow That Dream 12 Angel 13 What A Wonderful Life 14 I'm Not The Marrying Kind 15 King Of The Whole Wide World 16 This Is Living 17 Riding The Rainbow 18 Home Is Where The Heart Is 19 I Got Lucky 20 A Whistling Tune

When The Beatles met Elvis Presley

A new documentary reveals what really happened "When The Beatles met Elvis Presley".

From the website:
The Beatles and Elvis Presley, arguably the most documented musical acts in history, had a rare undocumented night when they met each other face to face for the one and only time. Since no one thought to take pictures or video of the infamous meeting, eyewitness accounts from the people who were there at Presley's house in Los Angeles on August 27, 1965 all seem to differ. Even The Beatles, when interviewed for The Beatles Anthology documentary, couldn't agree on what happened.

But now, one of Elvis' right-hand men and best man at his wedding, Joe Esposito, wants to set the record straight in the new documentary "One Day Two Legends" which attempts to put a cohesive story together about what actually happened the one and only night when The King of Rock and Roll met The Fab Four.

The Elvis Presley Examiner was recently granted an interview with the producer of the film, Tom Jikomes. Jikomes, a lifelong Elvis fan who happened to be born on the exact day the legendary meeting took place, came up with the idea. "Although there is a lot written about that day, there has never been an in-depth formal interview about it and that's what we are doing," Jikomes explained in an e-mail.

Jikomes approached Joe Esposito with the concept, and together with his filming partner, Stephanie Rabiola, they have interviewed Esposito in-depth about what exactly happened that night.

"Joe was not only there, but he picked The Beatles up and drove them to Elvis' home in Bel Air and was in the room the whole time," Jikomes continued. "Joe never elaborated on that night as deeply as he does with our film...we have dug deep into Joe's memory to re-create the day as best as possible."

"One Day Two Legends" also features famous musicians and friends who express how they looked up to Elvis, just like The Beatles did, including Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Barry Gibb of The Bee Gees, Louise Harrison (George's sister) and some of the best Elvis Tribute Artists in the world.

The movie's website also announced the DVD "Through Joe's Eyes"; a limited edition release containing exclusive interviews with "Diamond Joe" Esposito. 

(Source: Amazon / FECC / The Examiner / One Day Two Legends)