Friday, April 22, 2016

April 22 - The Rock And Roll Years

Released April 22, 2016 is the 3 CD set "Elvis The Rock And Roll Years". 

CD 1: Heartbreak Hotel - Blue Suede Shoes - Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Shake, Rattle And Roll - Long Tall Sally - Ready Teddy - Rip It Up - All Shook Up - Blueberry Hill - Jailhouse Rock - Hard Headed Woman - King Creole - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - A Big Hunk O' Love - A Fool Such As I - I Got Stung - G. I. Blues - Stuck On You - Blue Moon Of Kentucky - That´s All Right (Mama) - Blue Moon - Good Rockin' Tonight - Milkcow Blues Boogie - Baby Let's Play House - Mystery Train

CD 2: I Got A Woman - Tutti Frutti - Don't Be Cruel - We're Gonna Move - Playing For Keeps - Old Shep - Too Much - Got A Lot Of Livin' To Do - Mean Woman Blues - Hot Dog - Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear - True Love - Loving You - I Want To Be Free - Don't Ask Me Why - New Orleans - Dixieland Rock - Lover Doll - Crawfish - Young Dreams - Steadfast, Loyal And True - Your Cheatin' Heart - Ain't That Loving You Baby - (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame

CD 3: Return To Sender - It's Now Or Never - Poor Boy - The Girl Of My Best Friend - I Love You Because - Harbour Lights - I'll Never Let You Go (Little Darlin') - Just Because - Good Luck Charm - You're A Heartbreaker - I Forgot To Remember To Forget - Money Honey - I Was The One - My Baby Left Me - Love Me Tender - Paralyzed - Don't Leave Me Now - Young And Beautiful - (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care - Treat Me Nice - Trouble - She's Not You - Surrender - Wooden Heart - Are You Lonesome Tonight?


Best Of

Released April 22, 2016 by the SMI label is the "Best Of" compilation. 


Tracks: Don't Be Cruel - Blueberry Hill-3 My Baby Left Me - I'm All Shook Up - Just Because - Hound Dog - Shake Rattle And Roll - Blue Suede Shoes - Jailhouse Rock - Lonesome Cowboy - Teddy Bear - That' s Allright - Heartbreak Hotel - I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine - Rip It Up - Treat Me Nice - Tutti Frutti.

Elvis Humor: Girls, Guns & Guitars

Steven Bo Keeley released the 40 page book "Elvis' Humor: Girls, Guns & Guitars".

From the publisher: 
"This is a biography of Elvis's top 290 comic moments. The King of rock and roll is for the first time revealed as the King of humor. Girls, guns, guitars, morgues, one-way mirrors, fleets of gifts, duping the U.S. President, chimpanzee sex, charade assassins, and water pistol fights are the deepest insights into the real Elvis. Presley had a thoughtful, comprehensive sense of humor, as detailed in the first chapter 'The Psychology of Elvis' Humor’. The best comic moments of his life follow.

What Others Say about Elvis Presley’s Humor: “I wish we had a full-length documentary of the way we all carried on at these locations. It would be a heck of a comedy.” – Sonny West (bodyguard)

“Elvis, as much as anybody I’ve ever known in my life, loved to laugh. His whole life was built around trying to find humor in things.” - Ronnie Tutt (drummer)

“Whether it was a whoopee cushion placed on one of the guy’s chairs or dried red peppers poured on someone’s eggs, there was always a prank ready to be played.” - Peggy Lipton (model, girlfriend)

“Elvis was an impulsive guy. And when you mix impulse, temper, and pills, you’re going to have some interesting situations.” – Marty Lacker (Memphis Mafia)


“Elvis had no parameters. He moved the lines of behavior wherever he wanted them and if he went too far, he moved them out farther.” - Lamar Fike (stage lighting, MM)"

(Source: Elvis Club Berlin)