Tuesday, August 25, 2020

August 25 - That's A Session You'll Never Forget

The Dutch Elvis One label announced the release of the CDs 'That's Someone You'll Never Forget' and 'The Complete 1956 Nashville Sessions'.

From the press release
'That's Someone You'll Never Forget' features twenty-five tracks from the early '60s! Including complete masters as recorded in the studio with studio banter and even some false starts and alternate takes. All in very good sound! As a special bonus there's a rare and strange interview from the '60s with the Colonel by the Canadian disc jockey, Red Robinson. It includes a booklet with photos and recording information, and limited to just 500 copies worldwide.

There’s Always Me (Take 3LFS & Master Take 10) - Good Luck Charm (Master Take 4) - I’m Coming Home (Take 6FS + FS & Master Take 7) - (Such An) Easy Question (Master Take 5) - I Want You With Me (Tryout & Master Take 3) - I Met Her Today (Take 2FS + LFS & 3FS) - It’s A Sin (Take 3FS & Master Take 4) - I Feel So Bad (Master Take 2) - Judy (Master Take 8) - Gonna Get Back Home Somehow (Master Take 7FS + Comp) - Just For Old Time Sake (Master Take 5) - Gently (Master Take 5FS + Comp) - Put The Blame On Me (Take 3FS - 4FS & Master Take 5)  - That’s Someone You Never Forget (Take 2FS - 3FS - 4 FS + LFS & 6FS + FS) - Sentimental Me (Master Take 2 FS + Comp) - I Feel That I’ve Known You Forever (Master Take 5) - Something Blue (Master Take 7) - Starting Today (Master Take 3FS & Comp) - I Met Her Today (Take 7) - Suspicion (Take 4LFS) -  Anything That’s Part Of You (Take 6FS + FS - 7FS & 8FS + Comp) - For The Millionth And The Last Time (Take 6) - Love Me Tonight (Take 7FS & Count-In Take 8) - I Feel That I’ve Known You Forever (Take 2) - Red Robinson Calls The Colonel


The Complete 1956 Nashville Sessions contains - as the title says - the complete Nashville sessions from 1956 on one CD. It includes all the masters, all known outtakes, two interviews and three radio commercials from 1956 (including a RCA Victor 'Music / Elvis' radio commercial, previously unreleased on CD)

A total of forty tracks, all in the best possible sound quality and of course, there's a great booklet with photos and recording information from this session. A limited edition from Elvis One.

The Masters: I Got A Woman - Heartbreak Hotel - Money Honey - I’m Counting On You - I Was The One - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

The Outtakes: I Got A Woman (Incomplete Unknown Take Number) - I Got A Woman (Unknown Take Number) - Heartbreak Hotel (Incomplete Take 4) - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 5) - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 6) - Money Honey (Fragments) - Money Honey (Incomplete Take 10) - I’m Counting On You (Take 1 / Dry Reverb Tape) - I’m Counting On You (Take 1) - I’m Counting On You (Incomplete Take 2 / Dry Reverb Tape) - I’m Counting On You (Incomplete Unknown Take Number) - I’m Counting On You (Take 13) - I’m Counting On You (Incomplete Take 14) - I Was The One (Take 1) - I Was The One (Take 2a / False Start) - I Was The One (Take 2b) - I Was The One (Take 3a / False Start) - I Was The One (Incomplete Take 3b) - I Was The One (Take 7a) - I Was The One (Incomplete Unknown Take) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 1 / Announcement) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 3) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 4) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 5 / Fragment) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 13) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Incomplete Take 14) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 15) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 16) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 17)

1956 Radio Spots:
Victrola Radio (Ad 1) - Victrola Radio (Ad 2) - RCA Victor “Music” Radio ad / Including Elvis

Interviews:
April 9, 1956 2:59 - April 15, 1956 5:13

(Source: FECC)