Saturday, September 28, 2024

September 28 - I'll Never Stand In The Way of Vinyl

Following the release of the 7-inch EP 'That's All Right', the Norwegian Flaming Star fan club announced the release of the EP 'I'll Never Stand In Your Way'. 

Besides the title track the EP features the songs 'My Happiness', 'That's When Your Heartaches Begin' and 'I Love You Because'. More information when available. 






Colored Vinyl

Due for release from the French V.P.I. Record label on November 15, 2024 are re-issues of the original U.S. 45 RPM EP 'Peace in the Valley' and the Italian 'El Re del Rock & Roll'.

Publicity stated: Elvis Presley's 1957 single ‘Peace in the Valley’ contains four gospel songs, including the title track. This recording reveals Elvis's attachment to spiritual music and his ability to interpret religious hymns with depth, marking an important moment in his musical career. Available on blue, red, white, green and yellow colored vinyl.

Side A

1. There'll Be Peace In The Valley (For Me) 

2. It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)


Side B

1. I Believe

2. Take My Hand, Precious Lord





‘Il Re Del Rock 'n' Roll’ is an Italian single by Elvis Presley released in 1957, celebrating the King of Rock and Roll. It contains such iconic tracks as ‘I Got A Woman’ and ‘I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry’, offering a glimpse of Elvis' influence on the international rock scene.
Available on white, red, yellow, transparent and orange colored vinyl. 

Side A
1. I Got A Woman
2. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry 

Side B
1. Just Because
2. Tryin' To Get To You

All colors are limited to 200 copies each.

Kris Kristofferson Died

Kris Kristofferson, who attained success as both a groundbreaking country music singer-songwriter and a Hollywood film and TV star, died. He was 88. Rest In Peace Kris Kristofferson and thank you for your great music.

Kristofferson, who has an English degree from Oxford, transformed lyrics into literature, elevating the craft to a legitimate American art form in a way few had done before. Part Romantic poet, part folk troubadour, part country-music storyteller and part "outlaw".

Elvis recorded several songs by Kris Kristofferson, including 'For the Good Times', 'Help Me Make it Through the Nigh' and 'Why Me Lord'. 

In 1977, co-billed with Barbra Streisand, he won a Golden Globe Award as a dissolute rock star in the third version of 'A Star Is Born', a role Barbara Streisand had hoped Elvis would play. 

A 2004 inductee in the Country Music Hall of Fame, Kristofferson received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Recording Academy in 2015. He also won 3 Grammy Awards. 

Talking about Elvis Kristofferson said: "I was an Elvis fan growing up. Elvis was a force of nature. He was the first white guy who could sing black songs and sing them right. I think it just blew everybody away. It's like Ray Charles (laughing) being the first pop artist to sing hank Williams. It's a particular kind of soul. Nobody would have dared to sing a Little Richard song like Elvis had and try to get the spirit of Little Richard in there. (laughs) But Elvis could and he did on 'Rip It Up' and 'Tutti Fruiti'. 

The first time I heard Elvis' music was when I was in college. I was driving across California and I stopped at some truck stop and I heard this thing on the radio and I said, 'Who's that?' And the waitress said, 'Oh God, that's Elvis', like I was the stupidest thing goin' (laughs). But it was his first record and I haven't been the same since then.

It's one of the highlights for me to have had Elvis cut my songs. When I was first dreaming of becoming a songwriter I never would have dreamed that Elvis would sing one of my songs but three of them and with so much soul. I feel a lot of gratitude for that." (from 'Writing For The King' by Ken Sharp).

He became a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame and received multiple lifetime achievement honours, including from The Recording Academy, the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music.


Christmas Vinyl


Here is a preview of the MRS re-issue of 'Elvis' Christmas Album' which comes on 180 Gr. Chrystal white spattered vinyl with glitters.  

The LP can be ordered from >>> Amazon associate link).

(Source: Flaming Star / Pascal Dorschner / VPI Records / ElviSMatters)