Thursday, September 05, 2024

September 05 - From RCA to Stax to Vegas

The Paradise Road import record label announced the September 2024 release of the 6-CD-set ‘Elvis live in Las Vegas - Season 8’ and a CD version of the LP ‘Elvis: From RCA to Stax’.

Publicity stated: ‘Elvis live in Las Vegas - Season 8’ consists of 3 double CDs with six audience recorded shows from this season in remastered sound, including the Opening Show. 

This first set is part of a series, a second set will be released at the end of October 2024, together with an exclusive collector's box in which the complete series of sets can be stored. 

On these CDs you get the first 3 shows from this season plus the Midnight Show from January 28 as well as the February 9 Dinner and Midnight shows. The set features great live versions of ‘Sweet Caroline’, ‘All Shook Up’, ‘I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry’, ‘What Now My Love’ and many others! This is a limited edition of only 350 copies.   
 
Disc 1
 - Recorded live in Las Vegas, Nevada January 26, 1973 opening show: Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - Burning Love - Elvis Talks - Something - Introduction Of Kathy Westmoreland - You Gave Me A Mountain - Steamroller Blues - Sweet Caroline - My Way - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Johnny B. Goode - Lawdy Miss Clawdy - Fever - Hound Dog - I Can’t Stop Loving You - Elvis Talks - I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I’ll Remember You - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On - Elvis Talks - Can’t Help Falling In Love
 
Disc 2 - Recorded live in Las Vegas, Nevada January 27, 1973 Dinner Show: See See Rider - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On - Until It’s Time For You To Go - You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I’ll Remember You - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Burning Love - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp
 
Disc 3 - Recorded live in Las Vegas, Nevada 
January 27, 1973 midnight show: See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Until It’s Time For You To Go - You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I’ll Remember You - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Burning Love - Can’t Help Falling In Love

Disc 4 - Recorded live in Las Vegas, Nevada January 28, 1973 Midnight Show: See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Until It’s Time For You To Go - You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - All Shook Up - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I’ll Remember You - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Introduction Of Celebrities - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp
 
Disc 5 - Recorded live in Las Vegas, Nevada 
February 9, 1973 Dinner Show: Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Love Me Tender - You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I’ll Remember You - I’ll Remember You (Reprise) - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can’t Help Falling In Love

Disc 6 - Recorded live in Las Vegas, Nevada, February 9, 1973 Midnight Show: Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Love Me Tender - You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Heartbreak Hotel - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

Note from the Elvis Information Network: all concerts have been lifted from previous releases like: 
  • 'Back On The Mainland' in very poor audio quality
  • 'Long Tall Sally' in good Audience quality
  • January 27 1973 MS show on FTD 'From Vegas to Tahoe'!
  • 'Under The Midnight Sun' - OK Audience quality
  • 'Top Acts in Vegas Vol.7' - OK Audience quality
  • 'In Fine Form' - average Audience quality
 
FROM LP to CD


Publicity for the CD edition of ‘Elvis stated: From RCA to Stax’ stated: The vinyl release 'From RCA To Stax' (released in June of this year) is now available on CD! Like the vinyl release, this CD features recordings from RCA's Studio B in Nashville and the Stax Studio in Memphis. 

A very nice 70's compilation with many outtakes! This CD release contains some bonus tracks like the unedited overdubbed master of 'Patch it Up' and the rare unrepaired master - take 8 of 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'.
 
CD Tracks: Bridge Over Troubled Water (Take 8 / Unrepaired Master)* - Padre (Take 10) - Stranger In The Crowd (Rehearsal / Take 7) - Life - (Rehearsal / Take 1) - Heart Of Rome (Overdub, Take 3) - Heart Of Rome (Overdub, Work Part Take 1) - Sylvia (Take 5 & 6) - Make The World Go Away (Overdub, Work Part Take 1) - Patch It Up (Unedited Overdubbed Master)* - Tomorrow Never Comes (Take 13 / Ending Only) - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Duet With Ginger Holladay) - Sylvia (Take 7) - Life (Take 17) - Life (Take 18 & 19) - If I Get Home On Christmas Day (Take 6) - If I Get Home On Christmas Day (Take 7) - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Duet With Temple Riser) - I Got A Feeling In My Body (Rehearsal) - If You Don't Come Back (Take 4) - There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Take 2) - There's A Honky Tonk Angel (Take 3)* - Promised Land (Take 1) - It's Midnight (Take 19)*
*CD bonus tracks. 

Note: Nothing that hasn't previously been released: the Unedited overdubbed 'Patch it Up' was on 'Nashville 1971' (Venus), the Unrepaired master of 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' was on the excellent 'You Know, It Don't Have To Be Strictly Country Vol. 1', Take 10 of 'Padre' on the 'The Joan Deary Tapes Vol. 2', 'Stranger In The Crowd (Rehearsal / Take 7) was taken from 'Unedited Masters Life (Venus) and so on ...


Sergio Mendes Died

The Brazilian musician Sérgio Mendes died as a result of health challenges related to long-term Covid. He was 83.  

Mendez brought the Bossa Nova music to an international audience in the 1960s with his hit 'Mas Que Nada', performed with his band Brasil ’66, 

On November 30, 1972 Elvis attended Sergio Mendes and Paul Anka's Opening Night at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.

(Source: FECC / Elvis Information Network)