Saturday, June 06, 2020

June 06 - Classic Movies, Broadcasts and Bootlegs

Bayview Films announced the release of the DVD ‘Classic Broadcasts’ with August 20 2020 as the release date. 

From the press release: This is the definitive filmed proof of Elvis Presley as a live phenomenon. None of these performances were pre-recorded. They were all broadcast live with no edits or overdubs. For these amazing shows there was no safety net, no retakes, or the chance to correct a mistake. What you see here is the most honest picture of the most remarkable performer in history. From the excitement of the live broadcasts during the rock 'n' roll years to the sheer majesty of the King at his peak in '73; this is the confirmation of his true greatness.

Elvis, Technicolor in Black and White (Updated)

The French Elvis My Happiness delayed the release of the book ‘Elvis, Technicolor in Black and White’ by Jean-Marie Pouzenc to August 18, 2020. The book focuses on the movies ‘Blue Hawaii’ and ‘Fun in Acapulco’ in over 1000 - mainly unpublished - pictures and documents from the Paramount archives and CinĂ©monde magazine. 

The author also documents Elvis movies is France, film by film through photos, posters, reviews, advertisements, stories, songs, records, magazine covers, rare French documents and more. 

The book contains a CD with 29 alternative versions and other film rarities from 1956 to 1962 and a LP containing 8 alternate versions. 

There’s A Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On

The Circle G import label released the classic bootleg title ‘There’s A Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On’ on a double LP / CD set. 

 From the press release: To mark the 50th anniversary of the 1970 Nashville recordings this classic release is reissued on a high quality double vinyl album on blue and red vinyl. The original CD issued in 1995 has always been considered one of the finest Elvis releases. This album features raw uncut and undubbed versions of some of his finest performances. 

Side A: Warming Up - Little Cabin On The Hill - A Hundred Years From Now - Faded Love - The Fool - There Goes My Everything - It Ain’t No Big Thing

Side B: Got My Mojo Working / Keep Your Hands Off Her - Yellow Rose Of Texas - If I Were You - Snowbird - Cindy, Cindy - Where Did They Go Lord ? - Patch It Up

Side C: Running Scared - Tomorrow Never Comes - Faded Love - I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water - Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On

Side D: Bridge Over Troubled Water - Bonus Songs - 04/06/1970:
Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Jam) - I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago
07/06/1970: I Really Don’t Want To Know (Undubbed Master)
06 and 07/06/1970: Just Pretend (Take 1 & 2) - Heart Of Rome (Take 1)

CD: Warming Up - Little Cabin On The Hill - A Hundred Years From Now - Faded Love - The Fool - There Goes My Everything - It Ain’t No Big Thing - Got My Mojo Working / Keep Your Hands Off Her - Yellow Rose Of Texas - If I Were You - Snowbird - Cindy, Cindy -  Where Did They Go Lord? - Patch It Up - Running Scared - Tomorrow Never Comes - Faded Love - I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water - Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Bonus Songs: 
June 4/5, 1970 
21.  Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Jam) 
22.  I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago 
June 7/8, 1970
23.  I Really Don’t Want To Know - Undubbed Master 
June 6/7, 1970
24.  Just Pretend – Take 1, 2   
25.  Heart Of Rome – Take 1  

Golden Records - The Alternate Album Collection

The 5-CD-set ‘Golden Records - The Alternate Album Collection’ was released. 

From the press release: ‘The Elvis’ Golden Records’ albums spanning a period of 26 years are true classic albums. The first two volumes focusing on his early career, volume 3 and 4 mainly on the 1960’s. The posthumous released volume 5 is focussing on his career from the end 60’s to the late 70’s. 

Most Elvis fans have started their collection with buying these classic albums. Being a compilation of success 45RPM releases (both A and B sides) this series contained the regular master versions, just as the fans knew the songs so well.

This 5 CD boxset including a 20-page booklet contains only rare alternate and hard to find versions. The same line-up but a very different listening experience. 

Volume 1:
Hound Dog - Loving You (Fast Movie Version Take 9 & 10 Stereo / KX) - All Shook Up (Master / Count In & Dialogue) - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 5) - Jailhouse Rock (Take 3 & 4) - Love Me (28.10.1956 Ed Sullivan Show) - Too Much (06.01.1957 Ed Sullivan Show) - Don’t Be Cruel - That’s When Your Heartaches Begin (Take 1) - Teddy Bear (Electronic Stereo Version) - Love Me Tender (Stereo Master) - Treat Me Nice ( First Movie Version Take 8 & 9 / 2003) - Anyway You Want Me (Master Less Reverb) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 17) - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 6) - Jailhouse Rock (Composite Master) - Loving You (Slow Movie Version Take 5 / HZ) - That’s When Your Heartaches Begin (Take 6) - Treat Me Nice (Second Movie Version 2008 - Take 7) - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (Take 16 - 1981 Overdub Version For "This Is Elvis")

Volume 2:
I Need Your Love Tonight (Take 3 & 4) - Don’t (Take 7 / Count In) - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck (Undubbed Master) - My Wish Came True (Master / Count In) - I Got Stung (Take 20) - One Night Of Sin - A Big Hunk O’ Love (Take 1) - I Beg Of You (Take 1) - A Fool Such As I (Take 2 & 3) - Doncha’ Think It’s Time (Take 40) - I Need Your Love Tonight (Take 14) - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - Don’t - I Got Stung (Take 11) - A Big Hunk O’ Love (Take 2) - I Beg Of You (Take 6) - A Fool Such As I (Take 5) - Doncha’ Think It’s Time (Take 47) - One Night (27.06.1968 6.00pm Sitdown Show - 1981 Overdub Version For The "I Was The One"-Album)

Volume 3:
It’s Now Or Never (Take 1) - Stuck On You (Take 1) - Fame And Fortune (Take 2) - I Gotta Know (Take 1 & 2) - Surrender (Take 2) - I Feel So Bad (Take 1) - Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Take 5) - His Latest Flame (Take 4) - Little Sister (Take 6) - Good Luck Charm (Take 1) - Anything That’s Part Of You (Take 1) - She’s Not You (Take 1) - It’s Now Or Never (Take 4) - Stuck On You (Take 2) - Fame And Fortune (Take 15) - I Gotta Know (No Backing Vocals) - Surrender (Take 6) - His Latest Flame (Take 6) - Little Sister (Take 9) - Anything That’s Part Of You (Take 5) - She’s Not You (Take 2) - Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Home Recording)

Volume 4:
Love Letters (1966 / Take 7) - Witchcraft (Take 1) - It Hurts Me (Take 1) - What’d I Say (Take 1 & 2) - Please Don’t Drag That String Around (Take 5) - Indescribably Blue (Vocal Overdub Take 1) - Devil In Disguise (Take 5 & 6) - Lonely Man ( Take 9 / Record Version) - A Mess Of Blues (Take 1) - Ask Me (Take 6) - Ain’t That Loving You Baby (Take 1 - Medium Tempo) - Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello (Take 5) - Love Letters (1966 / Take 8) - Witchcraft (Take 2) - It Hurts Me (Mono Master / No Backing Vocals) - Devil In Disguise (Take 3) - Ask Me (Take 4) - Ain’t That Loving You Baby (Take 11 / Fast Version) - Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello (Take 1 / Slow Version)

Volume 5:
Suspicious Minds (Undubbed Master) - Kentucky Rain (Take 9) - In The Ghetto (Take 1) - Clean Up Your Own Back Yard (Undubbed Movie Master) - If I Can Dream (Vocal Overdub Take 1 & 2) - Burning Love (Take 4) - If You Talk In Your Sleep (Early Dubbed Master) - For The Heart (Undubbed Master) - Moody Blue (Take 3) - Way Down (Take 2A) - Suspicious Minds (21.08.1969 M/S) - Kentucky Rain (23.02.1970) - Burning Love (14.04.1972 / Stereo) - Moody Blue (21.02.1977) - In The Ghetto (1980 Overdub Version / No Backup) - If You Talk In Your Sleep  (1980 Overdub Version / Early Mix) - For The Heart (Take 5B) - Way Down (Take 2C) - If I Can Dream (Vocal Overdub Take 3)

The Alternate Golden Records: Extended Play Collection

Also released is a limited edition vinyl edition ‘The Alternate Golden Records: Extended Play Collection’ containing 5 EPs on yellow and green vinyl and one CD. 

Volume 1 - Side A: Jailhouse Rock (Take 3 & 4) - Loving You (KX Take 9 & 10 - Stereo)

Side B: I Want You I Need You I Love You (Take 16) - Treat Me Nice (2003 First Movie Version Take 8 & 9)

Volume 2 - Side A: I Need Your Love Tonight (Take 3 & 4) - I Got Stung (Take 20)
Side B: A Fool Such As I (Take 5) - I Beg Of You (Take 5 & 6)

Volume 3 - Side A: Stuck On You (Take 1) - Little Sister (Take 9)
Side B: I Feel So Bad (Take 1) - His Latest Flame (Take 4)

Volume 4 - Side A: Indescribably Blue (V.O - Take 1) - Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello (Take 1 - Slow)
Side B: Please Don’t Drag That String Around (Take 5) - Devil In Disguise (Take 3 - False Start + Complete)

Volume 5 - Side A: If You Talk In Your Sleep (Brass Overdubbed Of Undubbed Master) - Burning Love (14.04.1972 Greensboro - Stereo) - If I Can Dream (TV Soundtrack Version V.O Take 1 & 2)

Bonus CD: Jailhouse Rock (Take 3 & 4) - Loving You (KX Take 9 & 10 - Stereo) - I Want You I Need You I Love You (Take 16) - Treat Me Nice (2003 First Movie Version Take 8 & 9) - I Need Your Love Tonight (Take 3 & 4) - I Got Stung (Take 20) - A Fool Such As I (Take 5) - I Beg Of You (Take 5 & 6) - Stuck On You (Take 1) - Little Sister (Take 9) - I Feel So Bad (Take 1) - His Latest Flame (Take 4) - Indescribably Blue (V.O - Take 1) - Just Tell Her Jim Said Hello (Take 1 - Slow) - Please Don’t Drag That String Around (Take 5) - Devil In Disguise (Take 3 - False Start + Complete) - If You Talk In Your Sleep (Brass Overdubbed Of Undubbed Master) - Burning Love (14.04.1972 Greensboro - Stereo) - If I Can Dream (TV Soundtrack Version V.O Take 1 & 2)

(Source: Amazon / Elvis My Happiness / FECC)