Wednesday, July 22, 2020

July 22 - Remembering Ben Keough

Priscilla Presley shared an update on the death of her grandson on social media. It is nearly two weeks since Ben was found dead at the LA home of his mother, Lisa Marie Presley

"These are some of the darkest days of my family's life. The shock of losing Ben has been devastating. Trying to put all the pieces together of all the possible whys has penetrated my soul.

Each day I wake up I pray it will get better. Then, I think of my daughter and the pain she is going through as she was a doting mother. Ben's father, Danny, who is completely lost, as Ben was his only son. Riley, so loving and so close to him; Harper and Finley, who absolutely adored Ben. Navarone, who struggles deeply with loss and death.- "Rest In Peace Ben, you were loved."

His sister actress Riley Keough previously shared a heartfelt tribute:

"Mornings are the hardest. I forget you're gone. I can't cry because of the fear that I will never stop. A pain that's new to me. You. There are no words for you. Angel is the closest I could think of. Pure light. Baby brother. Best friend. Wild man. Intellectual. Witness to my life. Twin soul. Protector. Too sensitive for this harsh world.

I hope you give me strength to endure the giant hole you've left in my heart. I hope you give me the strength to eat. I hope you're cradled in love. I hope you feel my love. I hope you feel god. You are god. I can't believe you've left me. Not you sweet Ben, Ben. Anyone but you. I guess this is true heartbreak. I hope we meet again."

(Source: Priscilla Presley / Riley Keough)