Saturday, July 22, 2023

July 22 - Leaving A Mark

Elvis takes top billing on the French July 2023 edition of the French Chanson magazine. This edition focuses on the "mythical stars who left a mark on our lives".
 

The July 2023 edition of the French Rock and Folk magazine is a retrospective special on Rock Movies from the fifties until present day with unpublished interviews, focus on films that marked the era, the arrival of MTV or even the madness of biopics.

Elvis Presley is featured as part of the '1954–1964 The Wild Years' section with a feature titled 'Elvis Goes To Hollywood" by Jean-William Thoury.

Rock It Up

The Rockwell Records record label released the 'Rock It Up' compilation on blue colored vinyl. 

Side A: Harbor Lights (Take 4) - I Love You Because (Take 5) - That's All Right (Take 3) - Blue Moon (Take 8) - I'm Left You're Right She's Gone (Take 6) - I Got A Woman (Take 7?) - Heartbreak Hotel (Take 6)
Side B: I'm Counting On You (Take 13) - I Was The One (Take 2) - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy (Take 12) - Shake Rattle And Roll (Take 8) - I Want You I Need You, I Love You  (Take 16) - Old Shep (Take 5) - Rip It Up (Take 16).

(Source: Pascal Matteo)