Tuesday, January 30, 2024

January 29 - More High Spirits In Milwaukee

An unknown import record label released the 8-CD-set 'The 1973 Soundboard Collection and More'. 

Publicity stated: This comprehensive deluxe 8-CD-set contains all known soundboard recordings recorded during live performances at the Las Vegas Hilton and Lake Tahoe in 1973. All shows are painstakingly remastered, and presented as they were recorded: in glorious mono sound. 

The included bonus disc set contains 23 rare and official unreleased versions of studio tracks recorded in 1973. This disc includes Alternate Takes, Unedited Masters, Unreleased Mono Masters and further Unreleased Alternate recordings.

CD 1 - February 2, 1973 MS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton: Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Until It’s Time For You To Go - Sweet Caroline - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 2 - February 3, 1973 DS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton: Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Until It’s Time For You To Go - You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - I’ll Remember You - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 3 - February 3, 1973 MS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton: See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Until It’s Time For You To Go - You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 4 -  May 12, 1973 MS - High Sierra Room - Sahara Tahoe: Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Help Me Make It Through The Night - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On / Mama Don’t Dance / Shake, Rattle And Roll / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On - I’m Leavin’ - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - I’ll Remember You - I Can’t Stop Loving You - Bridge Over Troubled Water - A Big Hunk O’Love - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp - Announcement

CD 5 - May 13, 1973 3.00AM - High Sierra Room - Sahara Tahoe: Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Help Me Make It Through The Night - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On / Mama Don’t Dance / Shake, Rattle And Roll / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On - My Way - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - I’ll Remember You - I Can’t Stop Loving You - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Funny How Time Slips Away - It’s Over / Release Me - Faded Love - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 6 - September 3, 1973 DS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton: Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Women / Amen - Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Guadalajara / Trouble

September 3, 1973 CS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton: Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On / Mama Don’t Dance / Flip, Flop And Fly / Hound Dog - Love Me Tender - Fever - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds / Bridge Over Troubled Water - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - My Boy - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - A Big Hunk O’Love - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Speech About Mario - Mystery Train / Tiger Man - How Great Thou Art - Help Me Make It Through The Night - Softly As I leave You - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

CD 7 -  February 10, 1973 DS - Showroom - Las Vegas Hilton: You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Heartbreak Hotel - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - I’ll Remember You - I Can’t Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp. Recording from the soundboard with Jerry Scheff’s bass in the spotlight. Sadly, it is of inferior quality.

CD 8 -  Studio highlights: You Asked Me To (Take 2a/ Unfaded) - Promised Land (Take 1) - It’s Midnight (Rehearsal & Take 10 / With Backing Vocals) - Are You Sincere (Take 1/ Complete) - Good Time Charlie’s Got The Blues (Take 8/ Unfaded) - If That Isn’t Love (Take 1) - If That Isn’t Love (Rehearsal & Take 2) - If You Don’t Come Back (Take 4) - I Got A Feelin’ In My Body (Rehearsal) - I Got A Feelin’ In My Body (Take 6 & 7) - Three Corn Patches (Take 2/ Unfaded) - It’s Midnight (Take 11 / With Backing Vocals) - Thinking About You (Rehearsal & Take 4) - You Love’s Been A Long Time Coming (Take 4 / Unedited) - I Miss You (Take 10 / Complete) - There’s A Honky Tonk Angel (Who Will Take Me Back In) (Take 1, 2 & 3) - It’s Midnight (Mono Master) - If You Talk In Your Sleep (Mono Master) - My Boy (Mono Master) - Raised On Rock (Mono Master) - For Ol’ Times Sake (Mono Master) - Help Me (Mono Master) - Promised Land (Mono Master)

Elvis Rocks Milwaukee

The Petticoat records import label released the LP 'Elvis Rocks Milwaukee'. 

Publicity stated
: Petticoat records is back! This time with a fantastic Limited Edition LP, filled with classic live performance as recorded on June 28, 1974 at the Milwaukee Arena. 
This high quality album features this powerful live performance is now available on 180 Gr. blue and on red colored vinyl, as always housed in a stunning full color sleeve suitable for framing. The set comes with a bonus CD featuring the same concert, contrary to the LP, the CD contains the introductions.

Side A: See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Turn Around Look At Me (Excerpt) - Love Me - Tryin’ To Get To You - All Shook Up - Love Me Tender - Hound Dog - Fever - Polk Salad Annie - Why Me Lord

Side B: Suspicious Minds - I Can’t Stop Loving You - Help Me - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Let Me Be There (With Reprise) - Funny How Time Slips Away - Big Boss Man - Steamroller Blues - Can’t Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

Bonus-CD: See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Turn Around Look At Me (Excerpt) - Love Me - Tryin’ To Get To You - All Shook Up - Love Me Tender - Hound Dog - Fever - Polk Salad Annie - Why Me Lord - Suspicious Minds - Introductions - I Can’t Stop Loving You - Help Me - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Let Me Be There (With Reprise) - Funny How Time Slips Away (With Reprise) - Big Boss Man - Steamroller Blues - Can’t Help Falling In Love -  Closing Vamp


High Spirit In Birmingham

The VV import record label released 7 Test Pressings of their 'High Spirit In Birmingham' set as double LP, albums, housed in the original gatefold cover.

These LPs come with: 
Exclusive OBI seven different representations of the colors of the two vinyls contained with print numbered.
Exclusive poster 60x60 cm
Exclusive certificate with printed number
Exclusive art card, each copy is sealed and hand-numbered.

(Source: Pascal Matteo / FECC)