Monday, August 26, 2024

Review Elvis, Hero of the Comic Books

Elvis fan Richard van Slingerland gave the hardcover edition of 'Elvis, Hero of the Comic Books' book a 5 Star review on Amazon.
 
I was surprised when I received the book and started reading in it: I didn’t know the King was in so many comic books during and after his lifetime. 

It is a heavy, nice looking book with a lot of photos/ pictures and it reads very smooth. After an introduction, all the chapters are logical and nice to see that the authors pay a special attention to Ger Rijff.

From Nigel Patterson I did not read anything before, but of course I read the wonderful yearbooks of 'Elvis Day By Day - The Year In Review') from the other author Kees Mouwen and that’s why I got this book. 

It is always a pleasure to read a book of Kees Mouwen, spending my afternoon with it and I did: I finished it in one breath as a nice and fun book. Both authors must have spent a lot of time making this overview.
 
To me, as a fan of both Elvis and comic books, the book looks it’s complete, but I am sure the authors have now more inspiration for a part 2. As a true fan I can recommend this book, you won’t regret and long live the King TCB!


Where to Buy the Book

If you like what Richard wrote, here is how to get the book. The hardback (8 x 10 inches) edition is available from the >>> Blurb webshop and the softcover edition is available on Amazon sites like >>> Amazon U.S. and >>> Amazon Germany (associate links). 

Australian based fans interested in a signed copy of the softcover can contact Nigel Patterson at: smorgasboard777@gmail.com for a special price offer.