Friday, October 29, 2021

October 29 - Elvis, Automobiles, Airplanes and Stereo

The German Motorbuch Verlag announced the April 27, 2022 release of the 240-page German book 'Elvis Presley: Autos, Flugzeuge & Co.' by Siegfried Tesche.

Synopsis: Elvis Presley had a special relationship with cars: sometimes the King bought several dozen Cadillacs at once, and sometimes he gave a Cadillac away to an unsuspecting stranger passing by. Over the years Elvis owned between 100 and 400 vehicles that were worth several million dollars. But he also owned motorcycles and even two airplanes. 

Film journalist Siegfried Tesche investigated the Elvis phenomenon and his passion for vehicles. In addition he covers Elvis' music career, his private life and his 31 films.

Mono To Stereo

The U.K. based Memphis Recording Service officially announced the release of the 'Mono to Stereo - The Complete RCA Studio Masters 1956' CD with November 26, 2021 as the release date.


Publicity stated
: The 2-CD set contains the complete master recordings of Elvis’ 1956 RCA studio recordings in mono and, for the first time, in stereo . Using DES (Digitally Extracted Stereo) our engineers have now created new, authentic stereo mixes from original mono recordings. All tracks have been restored and remastered by expert audio engineers, using highly sophisticated sound processing techniques

Tracks (CD 1 in Stereo and CD 2 in Mono): I Got A Woman - Heartbreak Hotel - Money Honey - I'm Counting On You - I Was The One - Blue Suede Shoes - My Baby Left Me - One-Sided Love Affair - So Glad You're Mine - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Cry (Over You) - Tutti Frutti - Lawdy, Miss Clawdy - Shake, Rattle And Roll - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - Hound Dog - Don't Be Cruel - Anyway You Want Me (That's How I Will Be) - Playing For Keeps - Love Me - How Do You Think I Feel - How's The World Treating You - Paralyzed - When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again - Long Tall Sally - Old Shep - Too Much - Anyplace Is Paradise - Ready Teddy - First In Line - Rip It Up - Old Shep (Alternate Version - Take 5).

Hits

The Mani Record label released four colored vinyl editions of the 14-track compilation 'Hits'. The original RCA Victor recordings featured on this set come on 180 Gr. black, blue, gold and red colored colored vinyl. 

Side A : I Want You, I Need You, I Love You /  Love Me Tender / It's Now or Never / Are You Lonesome Tonight? /  Can't Help Falling in Love / Crying in the Chapel / Surrender.

Side B: Return to Sender / Suspicion / Don't Be Cruel / I Love You Because / Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? / All Shook Up / Hawaiian Sunset.

(Source: Amazon / MRS / Propaganda Distribution / Fan Shop)