Friday, October 27, 2023

October 27 - His Ultimate Single New(s) Update

The Dutch division of Sony Music re-issued the LP 'His Ultimate Collection'. 

Description: Elvis Presley, better known as the 'King Of Rock 'n' Roll', was an unparalleled phenomenon. No fewer than 21 of his unforgettable hits are featured on this 180 Gr. LP. With of course 'In The Ghetto', 'It”s Now Or Never', 'Suspicious Minds', 'Are You Lonesome Tonight?', 'Hound Dog', 'Wooden Heart', 'Return To Sender' and 'Jailhouse Rock'. It contains an Alternate Take of 'Kiss Me Quick'.

On-line re-sellers showed two different covers; one from 2017 and one with the cover art for the re-release of this compilation which was available through the Aldi groceries store in The Netherlands for a a short time earlier this year. 












Suspicious Remix


A new remix of 'Suspicious Minds' by Lionel Fabert was used in the trailer for the 2024 movie 'Argylle' from film producer and director Matthew Vaughn



Christmas Duet

Re-issued by Sony Music Entertainment is the digital single 'Blue Christmas' as a duet by Elvis Presley and Kayne Brown. The song was previously available in 2022 as part of a holiday-themed compilation of Amazon Original songs. 

You can listen on: Apple Music, Spotify, iTunes and other digital music platforms. 

Could this be a first indication what to expect for the upcoming NBC Christmas special? 


Elvis’ voice starts off the familiar song, and Kane’s voice comes in on the second verse.

Brown stated: “I chose to cover ‘Blue Christmas’ because it was probably one of my favorite Christmas songs. I don’t have a lot. I used to sing it all the time whenever I was first coming up in the music scene, just while I was warming up and just playing around on stage, so when I got asked to do a Christmas song, of course, I’d have picked that one. And to reimagine it with Elvis is amazing.


Elvis had something about him. He could just sit on stage and sing and these girls would go just crazy and I feel like, y’know, they can relate to it.”


Elvis was just his own thing, man. As I got older, I started listening to his music, and if you really listen, he’s not scared to do anything. I find myself trying to sound like him all the time. However long this world goes on, Elvis’ll still be talked about.”

Kane added, “Elvis is awesome. I wish I would have been around to see him perform, but I did get to watch his documentary, so it felt like I was kind Out there. 


Kane Brown signed with RCA Nashville in 2016 and with his single "What Ifs" became the first artist to have simultaneous #1s on all five Billboard country charts.

Brown's second album 'Experiment' hit number one on the Billboard 200 Album chart.


Elvis Presley News Report 2023


Available again is the monthly Elvis Presley Video News Report for November. 


This edition features a look back on the news from October 2023: a fact-check of Elvis’ words on day of his divorce from Priscilla, a first Glimpse new Elvis movie, a preview at Graceland exhibition in London, an extended and new trailer Priscilla movie, details on the new FTD set 'Elvis Now In Person 1972' and many more short news flashes.


(Source: Fan shop Poland / Amazon / Emiel Maier)