Saturday, December 16, 2023

December 16 - Love Songs From Lake Tahoe (Updated)

The next CD Digipack (2-CD-set) and single vinyl LP releases from the U.K. based Memphis Recording Service are titled 'At 3 AM - Lake Tahoe 1973'. The sets are due February 23, 2024.

Description CDThe CD features live performances of both the Midnight and 3:AM shows from Elvis’ May 1973 engagement at The Sahara Tahoe in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. The shows is presented in stereo for the first time ever. 

The accompanying booklet - featuring rare photographs, memorabilia and  includes liner notes that set the scene. The LP version is only of the 3:AM show and is available in black and clear (the clear only Elvis dealers) versions.  

CD1 - 12th May 1973 (Midnight Show): Also Sprach Zarathustra / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Help Me Make It Through The Night / Steamroller Blues / You Gave Me A Mountain / Love Me / Blue Suede Shoes / Long Tall Sally - Whole Lotta Shakin' - Mama Don't Dance - Shake, Rattle and Roll / I'm Leavin' / Hound Dog / What Now My Love / Suspicious Minds / Band Introductions / I'll Remember You / I Can't Stop Loving You / Bridge Over Troubled Water / A Big Hunk O' Love / Can't Help Falling In Love / Announcement.

CD2 / LP 13th May 1973 (3.00 am Show): Also Sprach Zarathustra / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Help Me Make It Through The Night / Steamroller Blues / You Gave Me A Mountain / Love Me / Blue Suede Shoes / Long Tall Sally - Whole Lotta Shakin' - Mama Don't Dance - Shake, Rattle and Roll / My Way / Hound Dog / What Now My Love / Suspicious Minds / Band Introductions / I'll Remember You / I Can't Stop Loving You / Bridge Over Troubled Water / Funny How Time Slips Away / It's Over / Release Me / Faded Love / Can't Help Falling In Love.


Love Songs


Due for release from the U.K. Not Now Music budget label is the LP 'Love Songs'. 


Publicity stated: Elvis Presley was not only the first but also the greatest star of the Rock ’n’ Roll era. His energetic, genre-blurring recordings have retained their appeal for more than half a century, and will do so forever. Elvis has often been criticized for the movies he made, particularly later in his Hollywood career where they became formulaic, and he was often typecast in romantic musical dramas. 

However, the quality of his music is not in question, and after his 1956 cinematic debut featuring the title song 'Love Me Tender', 'Loving You' followed in 1957. The latter film featured some great Rock ’n’ Roll songs, but most notably the sentimental love song 'Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?' Almost seven decades later, the music of his early years, some of the greatest Rock ’n’ Roll love songs ever produced, still stands as his monument.


Side A: Love Me Tender / Can’t Help Falling In Love / Are You Lonesome Tonight / Don’t Be Cruel / Surrender / Blue Moon / I Love You Because / Fever.

Side B: Suspicion / She’s Not You / One Night / The Girl Of My Best Friend / Love Me / It’s Now Or Never / Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? / Loving You.


(Source: Pascal Matteo / Plastic Head)