Saturday, May 04, 2024

May 04 - Las Vegas On Stage 1973

Due for release from the MRS record label on June 26, 2024 are the 4-CD-set and LP 'Elvis Presley - Las Vegas, On Stage 1973', it features a newly created stereo mixes of the February 1973 rehearsals and performances as recorded at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas.

Publicity stated: This 4-CD-set contains a varied selection of live performances recorded in February 1973, during Elvis’ eighth engagement in Las Vegas. 

The shows, recorded at the Hilton Hotel, are the first time presented here in stereo. 
Also included is a bonus CD containing room rehearsal recordings, days before the engagement began on 26 January 1973. The accompanying 36-page booklet include rare photographs, memorabilia, and liner notes, which set the scene dating from this engagement.

The vinyl edition, available on black and clear colored vinyl, features the February 3 Dinner Show performance (CD 3).

Note: the rehearsals were previously releases on the Follow That Dream collectors label CD 'Elvis From Hawaii To Las Vegas' (2012), but this CD ran ca. 5% too slow. This was corrected in the Touchdown Productions CD 'Livin' on the Edge' (2014).

All other concerts have seen previous releases too like the February 3, 1973 Dinner Show on Fort Baxter's 'It's A Matter if Time' (1993). 

Tracks CD1 – Rehearsals - January 25 1973: Something - You Gave Me A Mountain - Steamroller Blues - My Way - Love Me - It's Over - Blue Suede Shoes - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry - Welcome To My World - I'll Remember You - Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin´ Goin On - American Trilogy - A Big Hunk O' Love - I'm Leavin' It All Up To You - Faded Love - I Can't Stop Loving You - Separate Ways (Band) - Separate Ways (Band & Orchestra) - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Can't Help Falling In Love.

CD2 – Las Vegas Hilton – February 2, 1973 (Midnight Show): Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Until It's Time For You To Go - Sweet Caroline - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I Can't Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can't Help Falling In Love.

CD3 – Las Vegas Hilton - February 3, 1973 (Dinner Show): Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Until It's Time For You To Go - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I'll Remember You - I Can't Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can't Help Falling In Love.
CD4 – Las Vegas Hilton - February 3, 1973  (Midnight Show): Also Sprach Zarathustra - See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Until It's Time For You To Go - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender - Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - Band Introductions - I Can't Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can't Help Falling In Love.

Tracks LP Side A: See See Rider - I Got A Woman / Amen - Until It's Time For You To - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - Steamroller Blues - You Gave Me A Mountain - Fever - Love Me - Blue Suede Shoes - Love Me Tender.

Side B: Johnny B. Goode - Hound Dog - What Now My Love - Suspicious Minds - I'll Remember You - I Can't Stop Loving You - An American Trilogy - Can't Help Falling In Love. 

(Source: Elvis Club Berlin / Plastic Head / Pascal Matteo)