Thursday, May 16, 2024

May 16 - Fighting To Stay Alive On Vinyl

The VV import record label released the 2-LP / 2-CD set 'Fighting To Stay Alive'. 

Publicity stated
: This release marks the vinyl debut of the soundboard recordings of the February 21st and 22nd 1977 as recorded in 
Charlotte NC. The set comes with an incredible CD containing a 79 minutes compilation with combines the best of the two Charlotte shows giving us a complete show.

To create special collector’s item, the 500 copies will be presented with 5 different vinyl color variations. 
We have five variations of the sticker and five variations of the internal glossy card.Please refer to the attached press photos for a more complete visual description.

Limited 2-LP + CD: Black vinyl 100 copies and 30x30 glossy art card
Limited 2-LP + CD: Blue vinyl 100 copies and 30x30 glossy art card
Limited 2-LP + CD: Red vinyl 100 copies and 30x30 glossy art card 

Limited 2-LP + CD: Green vinyl 100 copies and 30x30 glossy art card 
Limited 2-LP + CD: Pink vinyl 100 copies and 30x30 glossy art card 

Tracks LP Recorded Live Charlotte NC, Coliseum February 20th / 21st 1977:


LP 1 Time (39 minutes):
Side A 
01. Love me
02. Fairytale 
03. You Gave a Mountain
04. Jailhouse Rock 
05. It’s Now Or Never
06. Little Sister
07. Teddy bear/Don’t Be Cruel

Side  B
08. My Way 
09. Hell of Moody Blue 
10. How Great Thou Art
11. Hurt 12. Hound Dog
13. Unchained Of Melody 
14. Can’t Help Falling In Love

LP 2 (Time 40 minutes)
Side C
01. Are You Lonesome Tonight
02. Reconsider Me Baby 
03. Love Me
04. Moody Blue
05. You Gave Me A Mountain
06. Jailhouse Rock

Side D
07. It’s Now Or Never
08. Little Sister
09. Teddy Bear/Don’t Be Cruel
10. My Way
11. Release me
12. Hurt
13. Why Me My Lord

Bonus CD. All the tracks were digitally restored and remastered, running time 63 minutes. 
01 Intro*
02 See See Rider *
03 I Got a Woman&Amen *
04 Are You Lonesome Tonight? (Intro) *
05 Are You Lonesome Tonight
06 Reconsider me Baby
07 Love Me  08 Moody Blue 
09 Fairytale 10 You gave me a Mountain 
11 Jailhouse Rock 12 It’s Now Or Never 
13 Little Sister  14 Teddy Bear/Don’t Be Cruel
15 My Way 16 Release Me 
17 Hurt  18 Why Me Lord?
19 Hound Dog 

20 Unchained Melody 
21 Can’t Help Falling In Love

Ambiance Recording from February 21st, 1977
Tracks 5, 6, 7, 8, 16, 17, and 18 Soundboard recording Feb. 21st, 1977
Tracks 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21 Soundboard recording February 20th, 1977.


Dabney Coleman Died

Golden Globe and Emmy Award winning actor Dabney Coleman died, he was 92. 

Coleman played Harrison Wilby opposite Elvis Presley in 'The Trouble With Girls' (1969). Colonel Tom Parker originally wanted actress Jean Hale for the female lead, but Marlyn Mason was cast at the insistence of director Peter Tewksbury. Ironically, Jean Hale's husband, Dabney Coleman, would later be cast.

Speaking about the movie to AC Club in 2012 he said: "I didn’t work much with Elvis on that, if at all. I was only there for a couple of weeks, and I don’t think we did any scenes together. 

But one day, one lunchtime, we played touch football. He had a little entourage, and they had, like, about a six-man team. And I gathered together some crew members, I guess. I was pretty good at touch football. I was All Intramural at the University of Texas three years in a row, ’cause I could catch the hell out of a ball. 

Anyway, my guys were… not good. So I ended up throwing the ball, tossing the ball, and I never had much of an arm, but I was better than these guys, that’s for goddamned sure. But we lined up, and we played for the lunch period. We beat ’em, and at the end of it, I remember as he passed me, he said [in a vague Elvis impression], “Hey, man, you got a hell of an arm.” That was it. That’s all he said to me in two weeks. But I’ll take it. Coming from Elvis, that’s kind of classic. 

But that’s my only Elvis story! I must say, though, that he was always punctual and prepared and congenial. A consummate pro. He was no prima donna. He was all right.


The Complete Vinyl Movie Collection

The vinyl edition of 'The Complete Movie Masters 1960-62' box-set has been released by the Memphis Recording Service

(Source: FECC / Phoenix Elvis Forum / AV Club / Wikipedia / Facebook)