Sunday, May 19, 2024

May 18 - Loving Elvis' Generousity

The Memphis Mansion record label released the 45 RPM EP 'Loving You' on blue and on splattered colored vinyl. It contains newly created Mono II Stereo mixes of the classics 'Loving You' (Orchestral Movie Master) on side A and 'Hot Dog' and 'Jailhouse Rock' on the flip-side. 

The label produced 300 copies of the blue EP and 15 copies of the splattered vinyl. Also released are several colored variations.


 
Destined to be Generous

Elvis author Sally A. Hoedel posted a little teaser on Facebook, revealing that her next Elvis presley book will be focusing on Elvis' generosity. 

She posted: "I have visited many places on my research journeys that have both inspired and greatly influenced my writing. The kitchen at Lauderdale Courts is the first to come mind, as I pictured Gladys Presley struggling to feed her family. 

Visiting Pearl Harbor and the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial, as I researched my next book focusing on the generosity of Elvis, was by far the most inspiring and poignant place. I left feeling proud as an American, but even more so as an Elvis fan. There is no credit given to him on-site. I hope this next book might change that."

(Source: Dorthe Bach Richter Larsen / Anthony Stuchbury / Sally A. Hoedel)