Friday, August 14, 2026

August 14 - Elvis No Cinema

The Brazilian Versátil Home Video announced the March 2027 release of the Deluxe 2-Disc Blu-ray set 'Elvis No Cinema' (Elvis at the Movies'), a limited run of 750 copies. 

Publicity stated: 'Elvis No Cinema' is a Deluxe Limited Edition release of four classic Elvis Presley movies. The set contains two dual-layer Blu-ray discs, each containing two movies, housed in a reinforced slipcase that also includes a booklet with essays and four collectible cards.

The movies come with a Portuguese language track, and nearly two hours of bonus features, such as specials on the films and Elvis Presley.


Sun Records Sessions

Following the success of their '70th Anniversary of Elvis' SUN Records Sessions' CD, which is now sold out, the French RDM-Edition announced the September 2026 release of the 'SUN Records Sessions'. A new CD that features the SUN Records sessions, with two bonus versions of 'My Happiness': a restored version and an acapella version.

Tracks: Harbor Lights - I Love You Because - That’s All Right (SUN 45 rpm) - Blue Moon Of Kentucky - Blue Moon - Tomorrow Night - I’ll Never Let You Go (Little Darlin’) - I Don’t Care If The Sun Don’t Shine - Just Because - Good Rockin’ Tonight - Milkcow Blues Boogie - You’re A Heartbreaker - I’m Left, You’re Right, She’s Gone - Baby Let’s Play House - I Forgot To Remember To Forget - Mystery Train - Tryin’ To Get To You - When It Rains, It Really Pours

Bonus Songs: My Happiness (Audio Restoration) - My Happiness (Acapella Version)


Honorary Citizen

The German municipality of Bad Nauheim awarded the "Ehrenbotschafters" (and "honorary citizenship") of the city to Elvis Presley for connecting people from all over the world to the city. 

(Source: Versátil Home Video / Official Elvis Presley Fanclub UK / Klaus Kress)