Tuesday, August 25, 2026

August 25 - New Rockwell Vinyl

The U.K. based Rockwell record label re-issued three titles with a new design: 'All Shook Up' on yellow colored vinyl, 'Tender Love - 16 Tender Love Songs' on pewter vinyl and 'Any Way You Want Me' on black vinyl. These albums were originally released in 2011, 2010 and 2016 respectively.

'All Shook Up' features part 1 of Elvis Presley in 1957. Tracks side A: All Shook Up / I BelieveThat's When Your Heartaches Begin / (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley / Take My Hand, Precious Lord / Mean Woman Blues / Got A Lot O' Livin' To Do!

Side Two: (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Lonesome Cowboy / It Is No Secret (What God Can Do) / Have I Told You Lately That I Love You / Blueberry Hill / Is It So Strange / Hot Dog / Party.


'Any Way You Want Me' featuring more of The King’s studio recordings from 1956. Tracks side A: I’m Counting On You / Trying To Get To You / Blue Suede Shoes / One-Sided Love Affair / My Baby Left Me / So Glad You’re Mine.

Side B: Lawdy, Miss Clawdy / Shake, Rattle And Roll / I Want You, I Need You, I Love You / Hound Dog / Don’t Be Cruel / Any Way You Want Me (That’s How It Will Be) / Love Me Tender / We’re Gonna Move.


'Tender Love' has "a gentle pace and relaxing compilation of some of Elvis’s greatest love songs" according to the publicity.  

Tracks side A: Young Dreams / True Love / Playing For Keeps / Have I Told You Lately That I Love You / My Wish Came True / Let Me / Trying To Get To You / Love Me Tender

Side B: I’m Counting On You / Any Way You Want Me  (That’s How I Will Be) / First In Line / I Want You, I Need You, I Love You / Loving You / Young And Beautiful / As Long As I Have You / Wear My Ring Around Your Neck.


Dolly Parton Died

Country music legend and Hall of Famer Dolly Parton died, she was 80. With a distinguished career that lasted decades, Parton is the best-selling female country music artist of all time, having sold more than 160 million albums worldwide. 

Her debut album was 1967’s 'Hello, I’m Dolly', and she went on to release a slew of hits, including 'I Will Always Love You', a song Elvis wanted to record, but Dolly Parton said no when the Colonel demanded half of the publishing rights. "I said, ‘I’m sorry, but I can’t give you the publishing.’ I wanted to hear Elvis sing it, and it broke my heart, I cried all night," Parton said, “but I had to keep that copyright in my pocket. You have to take care of your business.”

Nevertheless, Elvis had a powerful connection to Parton’s song. She told BBC Radio, "Elvis loved the song. In fact, I talked to Priscilla not very long ago. She said to me, ‘You know, Elvis sang that song to me when we walked down the courthouse steps when we got divorced. He was singing to me ‘I Will Always Love You.’"

More than four decades after Elvis’ death, Parton paid tribute to him and this moment in musical history with a song on her album 'Rockstar' with the song 'I Dreamed About Elvis'. 



(Source: Rockwell Records / People / Biography)