Thursday, September 30, 2021

September 30 - The Danish Singles Collection CD

The Danish Memphis Mansion released 'The Danish Singles Collection Volume One + Two' on CD. These albums were previously available on (colored) vinyl and picture discs. 

Tracks: Wear My Ring Around Your Neck / Doncha' Think It’s Time / I Want To Be Free / Baby I Don’t Care / Hard Headed Woman / Don’t Ask Me Why / Love Me Tender / Any Way You Want Me / Tutti Frutti / I Want You I Need You I Love You / One Night / I Got Stung / A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight / That’s When Your Heartaches Begin / All Shook Up / A Big Hunk O’ Love / My Wish Came True / That’s All Right / You’re a Heartbreaker / Jailhouse Rock / Treat Me Nice / Stuck On You / Fame And Fortune.

Available from >>> Memphis Mansion webshop

Elvis Articles

Volume 53 of the Vintage Rock magazine features an article on 'Elvis Presley - His Landmark Stadium Rock Concert'.

The Swedish Nya Tider magazine featured an article on Richard Zoglin's 2019 book 'Elvis in Vegas'.

Betty Amos Died

Musician, singer and writer Betty Amos died. She was 87. 

Amos appeared with Elvis in the Louisiana Hayride and even borrowed her guitar to him so he could perform at the City Auditorium, Clarksdale, Mississippi. The picture, dated March 10, 1955,  shows Elvis playing Betty Amos' guitar 

(Source: Memphis Mansion / Elvis Club Berlin / Stefan Petterson / Various)