Sunday, June 25, 2023

June 26 - Number One Army Vinyl

Released by the Reel to Reel record label is the 18-track picture disc compilation 'Number Ones (USA and UK)'. The album is also available on red colored vinyl.

The sets contain a selection if oldies, originally released between 1956 and 1962.

Side A: Heartbreak Hotel - I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - Hound Dog - Don't Be Cruel - Love Me Tender - Too Much - All Shook Up - Jailhouse Rock - (Let Me Be You) Teddy Bear

Side B: Hard Headed Women - Big Hunk O Love - Stuck On You - It's Now Or Never - Are you Lonesome Tonight - (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame - Can't Help Falling In Love - Return To Sender - Good Luck Charm


Elvis 1958

Following the release / announcement of 3 new books by visual Elvis biographer Paul Belard is another new 2023 release: 'Elvis 1958 - March 14 to 31'. 

Synopsis: “Well, I started working on the shows with the guys from the Opry. Doing more TV shows. Then I came to Hollywood and filmed movies. Everything was happening in a short period of time. And right when things were going, I got drafted. And overnight it was all gone. It was like a dream. Pop! Changed!”

Of his call to serve, Elvis said: “People were expecting me to mess up, to goof up in one way or another. They thought I couldn’t take it and so forth, and I was determined to go to any limits to prove otherwise, not only to the people who were wondering but to myself.”

This book covers everything that happened - in a visual day by day format - in the two weeks from March 14th to March 31st 1958.

The book can be ordered directly from the author (pbelard@hotmail.com) or via Amazon.

(Pascal Matteo / Reel to Reel Store / Paul Belard)