Thursday, October 08, 2026

October 08 - Worldwide Elvis RCA Vinyl

Paul Dowling posted an update on his 'Worldwide Elvis RCA Vinyl' discography series which should be released early 2027. 

Dowling wrote
: When I first started collecting Elvis's RCA records from all over the world in 1973 I had absolutely no idea as to how many countries released them. At that time, I knew that England, Germany and Japan and a few other places did but I never realized that the total would be at least 63 or more.  

Many years later in the mid to late 1990s I realized that what serious Elvis record collectors needed was a discography on every Elvis 78, EP, LP, and promo vinyl that was ever issued everywhere and I started at that time to work on this project but I had to stop because I was too busy selling Elvis records. 

However, eight years ago I decided to spend all my time everyday putting together books on everything RCA released worldwide. Most of the discographies that have come out only picture the front cover and maybe some labels but my discographies will show the front and back covers and labels of each release plus the year each was issued and much more information. 

I am planning to release as many as six or seven hardbound Worldwide Elvis RCA Vinyl discography books.

Note: the cover art shows preliminary sample copies.


The Final Shows At The Sahara Tahoe Released


The Webb Records import record label released 
the 7-CD-set 'Live At Dell Webb's Sahara Tahoe 1974 - The Final Shows'.

Publicity stated: A superb 7-CD collector’s box set featuring Elvis Presley live at the High Sierra Room, Sahara Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, during his May and October 1974 engagements. 'Sahara Tahoe 1974 - The Final Shows' brings together seven complete performances, including the famous 3:00 AM Closing Show from May 27, 1974.

The collection features a mixture of original Mono Soundboard Recordings and Audience Recordings, providing an extensive document of Elvis’ 1974 appearances at the Sahara Tahoe. 

Across the seven discs are Elvis favourites including 'See See Rider', 'Love Me', 'Trying To Get To You', 'All Shook Up', 'Love Me Tender', 'Hound Dog', 'Fever', 'Polk Salad Annie', 'Suspicious Minds', 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', 'An American Trilogy', 'Let Me Be There', 'Big Boss Man', 'Heartbreak Hotel', 'It’s Midnight' and many more. The set is limited to 200 copies.

The set is available from the >>> Bennies Fifties webshop.

(Source: Paul Dowling / Facebook