Saturday, February 24, 2024

Review Elvis Day By Day 2023

U.K. author Vince Wright, who wrote the original 2023 book '8mm Elvis - The Story of Elvis On 8mm Film' wrote a short review on the 2023 edition of 'Elvis Day By Day'. 

This year, for the first time, I bought the book Day by Day (2023) by Kees Mouwen. To be honest, I only bought this one because I knew a review of my book, 8mm Elvis, would be included. I had read the review on line and was thrilled to see it in its entirety across a two page spread in this excellent book.

But that’s not all - I have found it to be an essential read reviewing many items I did not buy this year but am interested in. 

Many of the “V.I.P.” entries included are ones that I had sadly missed. There are also reviews of CDs and books which had passed me by and box sets I could only dream of buying. The Lisa tribute is very fitting and the pictures are of top quality.

The layout and size of this massive book reminds me of the “Kays Catalogues” we had in the UK in ‘70s and ‘80s.

I have not read it from front to back but I love flicking through and finding hidden gems. My only criticism is that it has left me with a massive shopping list and I have the 2024 edition on the top of that list already!


For more information on 'Elvis Day By Day 2023' visit >>> www.PoplarTunes.com.


For more information on '8mm Elvis' visit >>> www.8mmelvis.com.